- Name: Juantarius Bryant
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 195
- Position: Safety/Nickel
- College: Austin Peay State University
- Twitter: @TheyLoveMyHair_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Nashville, TN, one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. What I like most about Nashville, is the relationships that I have built with family, friends, coaches, teachers, and the community.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength an Conditioning. You must be mentally prepared before you’re physically prepared.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry if my little brother will take heed of the positive role model I am for him and take the right path in life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at earning a scholarship out of high school, so I became a walk-on at Austin Peay State University. I earned the coaches trust by giving the offense great looks on scout team. Worked my way onto special teams and in the defensive rotation. Became a defensive starter, earned a scholarship, became an all conference safety, and was officially named Team Captain.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leading by example
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Benny Snell Jr.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Desk, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family, because my family is my driving force ; but if I could exchange my life for the three strangers I would.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Honestly, I would be myself, because I love who I am and who i’m becoming. I’d rather create my own legacy instead of living someone else’s.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was when I first walked on to the football team at Austin Peay State University. I had to use my entire savings I had saved up for the year just to confirm my classes for that semester. In order to make it to weights on time at 5am, I would wake up at 3am and leave the house by 3:30am and drive an hour to school everyday, just to make it on time. I had no money, so I was hungry throughout the day, and was forced to do well in class, practice and compete on an empty stomach. I reached an all time low financially and had to sleep in my car from time to time, but I didn’t make excuses and let that stop me from accomplishing my goals. I started out fourth on the depth chart. I earned the coaches trust by giving the offense great looks on scout team. Worked my way onto special teams and in the defensive rotation. Became a defensive starter, earned a scholarship, became an all conference safety, and was officially named Team Captain heading into the 2019 season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not signing to a school out of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When we played Tennessee Tech during the 2018 season, it was 3rd and long. I was the middle field player, and the quarterback threw a deep post. I absolutely decleated the receiver and made him do a flip. The hit was clean too!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Future- Last breathe
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My great grandmother, I would love to spend more time with her now that I’m older.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Let Loose
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• DJ Montgomery
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You don’t have to be liked to be a leader, but you do have to be respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Maurice Clarret, he was the person to announce to the team that I was no longer a walk-on, and that I was on scholarship. Plus I like the way that he did not let going to jail define the way the rest of his life would turn out. Now he is a motivational speaker and positive role model.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My little brother, because he lost his father when he was six months old, so he’s the reason that I strive to be the best positive role model and father figure I can be. We are 9 years apart, so I had to step up at a young age.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:UConn becomes the first FBS team to cancel football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/kevin-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/lqlJmC8hqZ
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL COVID-19 OPT-OUT TRACKER nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/covid-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6R3m8dAZa3
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:4 Tailgate Items Every Tailgater Needs nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/tailga… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Aa85bg4cfF
about 37 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Colten Menges, LS, Alcorn State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/colten… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iIgByKZQng
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X5Gr1B4R0p
about 1 hour ago