- • Name: Josh Hettiger
- • Height: 6’2
- • Weight: 230
- • Position: Linebacker
- • College: Saint Xavier University
- • Twitter: @josh_hettiger
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Chicago Ridge, Illinois. The city has a little bit of everything and I’ve seen a lot of very talented athletes make bad decisions and waste their abilities and it has allowed me to stay focused on what is really important.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, and Practice.
Strength and Conditioning are first because you need to be in top physical shape to perform at a high level on the field. Film Study is almost equally as important because football is a mental game just as much as it is a physical one. As a linebacker, you need to learn your opponent’s offense each week and be able to pick up on tendencies in order to put yourself and your teammates in the best position to win. Practice is also extremely important because that is where you put together the work you put in inside the weight room and the film room.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I only worry about what I can control, which is working every day to become the best possible player in order to help my team win.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• We lost to our division rival Marian the first game of the season 52-7 and we played horrible defensively. I reacted by practicing even harder than before and holding my teammates to the same standard. When we played them during the first round of the playoffs, we used week one as fuel and beat them.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Justin Hunter. He was our All-American tackle my first two years and it was great being able to compete with him at practice every day.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Attorney or FBI Agent.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers. Although it would be difficult for me, it would be even more difficult for 3 families to experience that.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would probably be Dwayne Johnson from Ballers. He was an NFL player and later became a very successful sports agent. I would definitely love a career like that.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My freshman year of college I came in undersized and sprained my patella tendon and was forced to take a redshirt. I worked out harder and put on about 20 pounds and have been a starter and all-conference every year since.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Fumbling a handoff during a game this season.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I expect to make a play every snap so my most memorable plays are the ones where I messed up. The most memorable for me was against Morningside this year where I blew a coverage assignment that led to a touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• If I can’t – 50 cent
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My work ethic and energy. Whatever team I end up playing for is going to get someone who will strive to become a better player every day and I will make everyone around me better with the energy and attitude I bring.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I wasn’t choosing a family member, it would probably be someone who deserves to see how big of a difference they made in the world such as Abraham Lincoln.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Dub, a tribute to my favorite NFL team.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Akiem Hicks. He influences the play on almost every snap but is never in the conversation when it comes to an elite defensive lineman.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Not every person you come across has to like you but if you do the right things you will earn respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I can name a ton of extremely talented guys who made horrible decisions and lost their opportunity but I don’t really have remorse for them. I feel more for guys like Derrick Rose who would have been one of the best to do it but couldn’t stay healthy.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both, but I hate to lose more.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father. He was my football, wrestling, and baseball coach and always pushed me to my limit with athletics and school work. He taught me how to work hard and always give my best at anything I do in life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cheaper By The Dozen: NFL Week 8 DFS Value Plays ift.tt/3oIYHGn
about 38 mins ago
- MLB Offseason Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers ift.tt/2HIgRHH
about 2 hours ago
- Week 8 Preview: New Orleans Saints vs. Chicago Bears ift.tt/2Gf31vu
about 2 hours ago
- Boston Bruins: Jack Ahcan Has A Bright Future ift.tt/3mJJS4j
about 3 hours ago
- Week 8 Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/35Ki352
about 3 hours ago