- Name: Jake Peterson
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 215 lbs
- Position: WR
- College: Valley City State University (North Dakota)
- Twitter: @Jake_peterson7
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a small farm town named Larimore in North Dakota. Everyone knew everyone and sports were the focal point and pride of nearly everyone in the town. I loved the country-type upbringing I received and I believe it shaped the character I model today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength And Conditioning. I believe that if you do not prep yourself mentally with film, you will struggle in both practice and games. Practice is next with preparation as I am a firm believer in “practice how you play”. Strength and conditioning are extremely important as well but I just think film study and practice take precedent in my opinion.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not reaching my maximum potential because life is too short not to live it as best you can.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Coming into my state track meet my junior year in high school, I was seeded number 1 and was the favorite to be a state champion. I didn’t perform my best and got 2nd place. I hated the feeling of disappointment, but I decided to use it for a positive reason. Having that memory embedded in my head, I worked very hard and was blessed to be named a state champion my senior year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my work ethic. No one out-works me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jay Liggins
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would be a chiropractor.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room, car, then desk because I spend the most time in my room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose one family member because nothing but God comes before my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jon Snow from Game of Thrones. Jon Snow is one the most skilled warriors ever and he is also one of the most admirable, and well-respected guys by nearly everyone.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity I had to overcome was others doubting my potential. All my life I knew I could play at a high level and out of high school I only had two schools recruiting me, so I used this as fuel to my fire and it really shaped my drive to be the best I can be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was in 4th grade I was showing off for my older brother and his friend by riding no-hands on my bike. When I looked over to them to show what I was doing, I crashed into a parked car and broke the tail light with my face and ended up having a bad black eye for nearly two weeks.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• During my sophomore year, we rallied back from being down 21-0 at halftime against #18 Dakota State. We were down 24-21 and to cap off a 98-yard drive, I scored a 24-yard go-ahead touchdown with 1 minute to go in the game. That feeling I had was like no other.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Confidence by Sanctus Real
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A champion’s mindset. Having the approach that you will win at everything you do will help you succeed in anything.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Abraham Lincoln because he did so much for our country and his life was cut short before he was done doing what he was doing, so it would be interesting to see what he could do in a day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Get Jiggy with Jake
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Adam Thielen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would much rather be respected than liked because respect is earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel. He was one of my favorite players to watch in college and it was hard watching how his actions and choices ruined his chances in the NFL. It would’ve been crazy to see Johnny Football highlights in the NFL.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My dad has been the biggest influence on my whole life. He was my football coach 4th-12th grade. I learned so many valuable life lessons and how to never doubt myself. He has always been telling me to not let anyone tell you what you can’t do. He’s taught me how to be a gentleman, a man of God, and the best version of myself. If it wasn’t for my dad, I wouldn’t be half the football player I am today.