- Name: Erick Browne
- Height: 6’3”
- Position: LT
- College: Merrimack College (FCS)
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Everett/Malden MA.I love Malden because the people there never changed how they treated me disputes going to their rivals high school that’s a town over while Everett showed me how to play the game of football because I never played organized football until my sophomore year of High school.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Without question film first, I believe that I watch more film than any prospect in the country. Although I didn’t know how to play the game to start, I was always a student of the game. College has truly allowed me to really appreciate film study. As a Left Tackle you have the teams best pass rusher which is more times than not the team’s best player and being athletic or big won’t cut at this level or the next one. Next, I think practice because football is played outside and getting quality reps because it’s important to know your functional strength. Lastly, the strength and conditioning because as a football player you go film your weekly game plan and film where you learn about your matchup. After that, you take those tips from film to the field and you practice where you find out what are your strengths and weaknesses. THEN you go and do strength and conditioning exercises than help your on field ability and production.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about letting my mom down because when no one else believed in me, she always did.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed to win a championship as a starter and not being an All Conference player my sophomore year. Those things motivate me every single day because I truly love this game and spend countless hours trying to be the best player and have the best team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My work ethic. They would always tell you how much time I put into film. I’m known as the guy who never goes anywhere without his iPad. I watch film year round and take those tips and apply them on the field to better myself as well as my teammates.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Based on their stats against other people, I would say either Bryant’s past sacks leaders or the NE10 last two DLOY recipients. With that being said the best talent that I’ve worked with are my friends. I believe in the saying “iron sharpens iron” so I get to work with some of the best edge rushers in the area from FBS & FCS programs. Chris Agyemang or Sam Okayinonu are two very respected and accomplished players in their divisions.We have been making each other better for the past couple offseasons leading to everyone receiving all conference
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would do sports broadcasting. I love the analytics of athletics as much as the physical nature.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room because I was told growing up I can’t leave home if my room isn’t clean and the desk is in my room and the car is the last thing you reach after you wake up.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member because I only have my family at the end of the day.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Probably Micheal Oher in the blindside because he’s where I am working to get to.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Surgery at 14. I had to miss my first year of football the day of camp, but the surgery saved my life which I am truly grateful for.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Giving up six sacks in a row at practice as a sophomore in high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Every time I shut down a top pass rusher. There’s nothing better than shutting down the teams best guy especially if he’s a guy going to the next level. I always think of myself as the best so it’s a great feeling to be better than their best
What song best describes your work ethic?
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- The ability to shut down a teams best pass rusher while being a filmrat. The mental part of the game is just as important as the physical.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Any of my little brothers Jahkeal’s friends because I know they meant the world to him so they mean the world to me too.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- BBOC NIGHTCLUB
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- If you’re in the NFL you’re not overrated in my opinion, but the most underrated player is my former teammate Hunter Sallila. This is the only person I’ve known too start 44 straight games with all conference recognition and never got an opportunity at the NFL level to date.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because I wasn’t always liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Martavis Bryant who was the most talented player I’ve seen have potential left out there because of his off the field issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose. Losing hurts because I do everything in my power to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- By far my mother and grandmother Lisa and Carol. Those two taught me discipline and were there for my highs like the wins and the recognition. As well as my lows from losing position battles to losing the state champion in high school. If I could give half of what they have given me that would mean everything. I truly love those two.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Last Chance:Broncos LB Von Miller will not be charged in regards to the pending criminal investigation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:From Dud To Stud, Part 2 | 15 NFL players that should crush it in 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dud-to… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago