- Name: Eric Mitchell Jr
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 190
- Position: CB
- College: Lafayette College
- Twitter: @district_mitch
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Martinsburg, West Virginia. I really enjoy how small the town is because everyone knows everyone.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Conditioning and Practice because before you can prepare to beat anybody you have to make sure you’re good at your job. Strength would go second because you have to be tough and physical to play this game. Then would come Film Study because you have to know your opponents tendencies.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about doing little things correctly.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My senior high school football season we lost in the semifinals after winning 4 consecutive championships the year prior. It helped me understand how to deal with losses in big time situations.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I think they would say I’m a very energetic guy. No matter the day or week I love to bring some enthusiasm to whatever we’re doing.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Chase Edmonds (Fordham)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I want to get into Conservation or Marine Biology
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk first. Then room and car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d have to save the family member. My family is very important to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman, I’d love to have one weakness.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I think going through my shoulder surgeries really took a toll on me. It made me realize that you can accomplish anything as long as you’re focused and keep the right mindset.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I find myself tripping up stairs a lot lol
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching two interceptions against Georgetown my sophomore year
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ambition – Wale (ft. Rick Ross & Meek Mill)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Discipline, understanding how to do something and then just doing right from there on out
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Muhammad Ali, just so I could have a conversation with him about how it was to be such a great and influential athlete
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Marshon Lattimore
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, sometimes doing the right thing is going to have people dislike you, but eventually they’ll end up respecting you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick, I don’t think someone should lose their chance to play the game they love just because they’re standing up for something they believe in.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents, I think both of them have had a different impact on my life in a positive way and there’s no way that I could have gotten to this point without them. Love y’all!