Emmanuel Lubin was a starting cornerback for Florida International University in 2018, and unfortunately, he was killed in an early morning auto accident, according to multiple news outlets. Lubin was only 21 years old.
Lubin appeared in 13 games at defensive back, making 13 starts, his senior year. He recorded a total of 31 total tackles, 2.5 tackles-for-loss, one sack, and four pass breakups. Lubin was part of a secondary that ranked second in Conference USA in total interceptions (17) and 11th overall in the nation.
According to Florida’s Highway Patrol, Lubin lost control of his Toyota sedan as he headed north on the Florida Turnpike near the Northwest 74th Street exit. A spin put the car such that the driver’s side hit the guardrail on the right side of the highway. The car continued spilling until the driver’s side “collided into a metal pole structure supporting a traffic sign”, according to the Miami Herald.
Please keep the Lubin family in your prayers. Losing a 21 year old has to be horrible. May God Bless the Lubin Family.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- He better step up too. He wanted money they paid him. He has been MIA six games, and his penalty was a huge blow to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Last Chance:Updated 2021 NFL Draft Order; Jets hold the first pick after six weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-dr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update; 49ers back will likely miss 3 to 5 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago