- Name: Elijah Lilly
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 170
- Position: WR/KR
- College: University of New Mexico
- Twitter: @Rarelij
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from San Bernardino, California. Something I love the most about my hometown is how close we are to all the big cities in California and the food.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Practice, and Strength and Conditioning. I think it goes in this order because studying film allows you to go into each game prepared and you need to know what type of team you’re facing and the type of players on that team. Practice is where you execute your technique and prepare yourself for the game. Hitting the weights is just as important because your body has to be ready for 4 quarters of a game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being able to support my family. I worry about this because family is what is most important to me and if I can’t support them then that means I didn’t do what I was supposed to do while I was away from home.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I didn’t pass stats my sophomore year in college and that was something that upset me because I take my schooling very serious. In order to overcome this failure I studied my butt off and retook the class the following year and passed it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being competitive and being someone who’s goofy and someone who brings joy to the team.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Christian Kirk
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I wasn’t playing football I would be a special education teacher for elementary kids.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because you spend the most time in your room. Desk and then car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers because I would be saving more than one person and I’m sure my family would want me to save them as well.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Deadpool cause he’s a funny dude and he handles his business when it’s time to get serious.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being overlooked. I’ve dealt with this by just keeping my head down and having tunnel vision to achieve my goals.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was warming up for my first college track meet and I tripped and fell before my race started.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My kick return for a touchdown against Texas A&M
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Don’t take days off by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A strong Work Ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather, just so he could see how the family is doing and see how well I’m doing in school.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Silly Lilly
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marquise Goodwin
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because anyone can be liked, but being liked doesn’t mean someone has to respect you. You earn respect, you don’t have to earn being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Percy Harvin because he’s was going to have an amazing career but his headaches were the reason he couldn’t continue to play.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose because I’m a competitor and every game I go out and try to dominate and put my team in the best position to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother because she’s been through so much, but she’s never let that bring her down. No matter what happens in life she’s always positive and keeps pushing in order to provide for herself and her family.