- Name: Dwayne Hunter-Parker
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 185
- Position: DB
- College: Framingham St. University
- Twitter: @dthp_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in Waterbury, CT, a city where it’s so easy to get lost if you don’t figure out yourself and what you want to do in life. What I love most about Waterbury is the support the older people give to dudes like me who are chasing something big.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength & Conditioning, and Practice. I chose this order because 50 percent of football is watching your opponent and yourself. Then to put your body in a position to achieve those goals you set for yourself based on watching film and then going out and applying everything in practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about getting overlooked because I play D3 football, as a player who had a chance to play bigger football, I know that D3 players aren’t given enough credit to prove themselves. I’m not saying every D3 player has NFL or Pro talent but there are some gems at this level.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Last year my college closed down, UMass Amherst offered me a spot on their roster, I got a second chance to play big-time football. I failed myself and didn’t go. I didn’t react to well to it, I was almost depressed months later when it hit me that I finally had a chance to show what I was about but didn’t take it. I overcame that failure by understanding that everyone’s journey is different and everything happens for a reason.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Physicality & getting under opponents’ skin
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jack Lavachy
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sport Agent
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my little brother, his energy can light up an entire room so his presence alone would help through the disaster.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spider-Man, my favorite character of all time!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life would be dealing with not being offered a scholarship. Coaches told me they would’ve offered if the grades were there but they all ended up suggesting prep school or Juco. I dealt with this by accepting what was and accepting what I can control and making a different avenue for myself to chase my dream.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is eating a bunch of carnival food then getting on a ride just to throw it all up in front of everyone
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was from my freshmen year, we were up one point after the other team had scored. A play I watched on film all week didn’t run during the game until they went for the two-point conversion and the win. I was able to make a play on the ball for the win.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Not a Regular Person | A Boogie
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather because he died before I was born so I would love to get to know him and experience all the good things everyone says about him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Night Show
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kenny Moore
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because many people are liked for no reason, you have to do something to be respected. It has to be earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, like I, said earlier I’m from a place where its easy to get lost in everyday life and get distracted by what everyone else is doing. Josh Gordon reminds me of a lot of dudes from my hometown who could’ve done something great but just couldn’t focus on the bigger picture.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom has the biggest influence on my life, she sacrificed a lot to raise me and my four other siblings on her own. She has taught me how to become a better person and what hard work can really do. I try every day to imitate her work ethic to put myself above the rest.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jalen Morton, QB, Prairie View A&M University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Zay Jones May end up getting traded, he was still in the game in the fourth quarter. Shoot Duke was still in there too
about 23 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Former Dolphins Coach Chris Foerster Who was Fired for Cocaine Use Takes Job with the 49ers ift.tt/30y6tGG
about 42 mins ago via IFTTT
- My boy Jose Jaws Ocasio!!!! TKO Round 1 1:12 in the fight
about 50 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 23, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/tpNYkYINRP
about 54 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro