Dante Walker, a 19-year-old, four-star recruit for Marshall was shot in the back according to The Herald-Dispatch. The new Marshall recruit was a defensive lineman, signed with the Herd as a four-star prospect. He played defensive end and defensive tackle in high school.
Assistant Athletic Director for Media Relations Jason Corriher said Monday “we are aware of a shooting involving a Marshall student-athlete, who we expect to make a full recovery, according to the report.”
According to Huntington Police Chief Hank Dial, Walker told police he had been walking along 10th Avenue with a friend when they heard shots fired and he was shot in the upper right part of his back. Police were notified of the incident when he arrived at an area hospital under his own power.
We hope and pray that Walker will recovery 100 percent.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:JUCO football player Dee’Arius Reese shot and killed after being shot for a second time in a month… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- What to Expect From Denzel Mims in his NFL Debut ift.tt/31FY3PT
about 38 mins ago
- Good for him! twitter.com/mufaa6/status/…
about 39 mins ago
- Bills are at the Minnesota game today. I wonder who they are scouting? WR or OL?
about 48 mins ago
- ICYMI:Two players the Eagles front office should keep an eye on this weekend nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/eagles… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago