- Name: Byron Edwards
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 175
- Position: DB
- College: Texas Southern
- Twitter: @clutch_x
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from the great city of Dallas, TX. I love the people and lifestyle of it. Dallas is home to opportunity for any and everyone, just gotta make the best of it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, then Strength and Conditioning, because with film study you get so see your opponents mannerisms and schemes and figure out what to expect mentally, and then in practice you perfect how to respond to what you saw and strength and conditioning is third because while conditioning is important, you don’t have to be the strongest to be successful.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family, because they have been my backbone as i play the game i love. My mother has done an amazing job with supplying me with the tools in life necessary to be successful and I want to show her that her hard work paid off.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My senior year of high school my pops pulled me from the game that would’ve kept us in playoff contention because i wasn’t going to class. Initially i reacted like anyone would with frustration. Mainly because i felt like i let my whole team down which i did. To overcome it i just had to give 110% from that point forward to show my team i was dedicated.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Luis Perez
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Firefighter
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member , family is the most important in my eyes
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Barry Allen, who wouldn’t want to be the Flash?
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My suspension last season, because i felt that it set me back majorly. I’ve overcome it by basically leaving it in the past and knowing that i never want to go through that again.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Don’t have one honestly.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first career interception, my first college game against Angelo State
What song best describes your work ethic?
• BTW by $keeta
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother, i think about her everyday and i just want one last conversation with her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The JuiceBar
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Byron Jones
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected , because respect goes a long way. You can respect someone you don’t like.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick , i feel like the dogfighting thing set his career back and he doesn’t get the respect that he actually deserves.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother, because she showed me everything i needed to be successful. She showed me how to grind for everything that i want. I cannot thank her enough for everything