- Name: Anthony Ellison
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 195
- Position: RB/Athlete
- College: University of San Diego
- Twitter: @ToooFast23
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Banning, CA small little town in between Riverside and Palm Springs. The best thing about Banning is everyone knows each other because there’s only 1 high school and by that time we’ve all grown up together it’s a really small town family feel.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, in my opinion, is the most important of the three because 90% of the game is played above the shoulders. If you’re already prepared for what the defense is showing before the play starts you’re at a big advantage. Strength and Conditioning would come second on my list because you have to be in great shape in order to contribute anyway to the team. Closely behind would be practice and the difference between the 3 is not great. I would say the practice is third because you need to be prepared mentally and physically before you can practice and get much better.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much because I’ve come to understand everything has its own way of working itself out. I just try to control what I can and that’s my work ethic, nutrition, film study, and the way I approach each day.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Recently I had to retake a Calculus class because I was struggling to get my assignments on time while we were traveling. Before I fail the class I withdrew and decided to take it again over winter break. I was able to focus and actually absorb the material over the break and ended up getting a B in calculus.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would probably say my vibe is my best quality and that’s just because whenever anyone’s around me were laughing having a good time unless we’re on the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Ronald Ollie might be the biggest name but there was definitely some dawgs we had to play against in junior college.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would own multiples training facilities to develop other athletes regardless of sport. Maybe would also try out acting.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would say desk room then car. That’s a pretty tough one though.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member because, in the end, that’s all we have on our side despite life’s ups and downs.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the Flash because I already think I’m the fastest around but throw in being able to throw lightning and speed up/slow down time yeah I’m all in on the Flash.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I faced in life was continuing to play football in junior college despite everybody losing faith in me after high school. I didn’t have many people to turn to so I just had to trust myself, keep grinding, and it’s made all the difference. I’m here when I could’ve easily been somewhere else.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not finishing my senior year in high school due to being immature and not respecting everything that it means to be on the football team. I took it for granted thinking it was guaranteed when it’s a gift more than anything. Had to really humble me after that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• At USD it’s been my blocked punt against Morehead State but dating back to junior college as well it would probably be my 77-yard touchdown on the first play of the game. Once that happened I knee it was going to be a long day for them.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Can’t Be Broken- Lil Wayne or Hate it or Love it-The Game
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• To just remain comfortable throughout the entire process from senior bowls combined to draft and minicamp remain comfortable to keep working and let my game handle itself. Once I’m comfortable I play fast and it’s a whole new game out there when I’m comfortable.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My best friend Dajoni from high school. I’d want to show him his daughter and tell him I never quit as I promised him just being around him one more day would be great. Didn’t really get to say goodbye so still think about that a bit.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Probably Area 97 haha I’m not too sure on that one.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• It’s that man Andrew Luck he should be an MVP this year every time he plays a full season the Colts win no way around it.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I definitely would rather be respected than like because once you respect you can see where I’m coming from and have a sense of understanding regardless of how you are feeling at that time. On the other hand, if I’m just like your feelings can change at a moments notice.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than anything in the world. That loss just sticks with you I think about same games from little league and high school still. The wins are sweet but the losses are painful.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life has been my father. I’ve seen him go to work every night working graveyard shifts so that if we needed him during the day he would be there. He’s always been the support and role model for the entire family.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jalen Morton, QB, Prairie View A&M University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Zay Jones May end up getting traded, he was still in the game in the fourth quarter. Shoot Duke was still in there too
about 19 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Former Dolphins Coach Chris Foerster Who was Fired for Cocaine Use Takes Job with the 49ers ift.tt/30y6tGG
about 38 mins ago via IFTTT
- My boy Jose Jaws Ocasio!!!! TKO Round 1 1:12 in the fight
about 46 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 23, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/tpNYkYINRP
about 50 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro