- Name: Al Young
- Height: 5’11
- Position: DB
- College: Southeast Missouri State
- Twitter: @A1turnup
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I love the support I get here and how I go anywhere and everybody knows me that’s the best feeling and kids look up to me.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, strength and conditioning ,practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about making sure my family is good and my daughter is okay and make sure she has a better life then me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My junior year the 4th game I pulled my groin and still continue to play into I could barley walk and that was the 6th game so that was hard for me cause I wanted to be all conference and more but that happen and held me back.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I work hard and never complain about nothing and always lead by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
•I would get into the coaching business and stick around the game as long as possible
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My Mom she literally will go to war for me by herself so I owe her the world.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Terry Cruise cause of how funny he is and his story.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
•Having my daughter going into my junior year because my life has completely changed and I had to find a way to get my school work done and study film and make time for me and my daughter.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
•My freshman year in high school I let the kicker go up top on me at practice when he never played football ever in his life
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting my first college pic against Kansas
What song best describes your work ethic?
•Every season Roddy Ricch
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•Physical Like to set the tone early
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
•My auntie and two best friends I lost because they all played a big role in my life and it was tough getting those calls.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
•I’m not sure
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
•Respected because It’s hard to gain respect and when people respect you it goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
•Mike Ford just always calling me when he got the time, giving me the tools to lock a man down.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
•Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My daughter and Mom just to see them smile after a game and knowing I’m making them proud is the best feeling in the world.