NFL investigators met with Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill for eight hours Wednesday in Kansas City.
The interview, which lasted from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central time, was conducted by NFL Special Counsel for Investigations Lisa Friel.
The meeting is part of the league’s investigation following a child abuse probe by Johnson County and Kansas officials involving Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal. Hill is facing a potential suspension under the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy.
I would not be surprised at all if Tyreek Hill is suspended at least six games for this case.
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was suspended for six games by the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy. The suspension was a result of an investigation that started more than a year after an ex-girlfriend accused Elliott of domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio.
The Columbus City Attorney’s office announced that they would not pursue charges against Elliott because of “conflicting and inconsistent information,” but the NFL can penalize a player even without legal charges.
If the NFL suspended Zeke Elliott without an arrest, they can easily suspend Tyreek Hill. Hill has a past as well, which is going to factor in. While it did not happen, I would not be shocked if the NFL still acts and suspends him.
Tyreek Hill had some pretty damning evidence against him in this case, but there were tons of inconsistencies as well. It is very similar to the Zeke case and Zeke was hit for 6 games. I think the NFL and the Union will work on trying to utilize the Zeke case as the bar for the Tyreek case. This is just my opinion but I would not be shocked if the NFL suspends the speedy wide out for at least six games.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- The entire top 100 should opt out twitter.com/eric_edholm/st…
about 9 mins ago
- Miami DE Greg Rousseau the best pass rusher in 2021 NFL Draft opts out nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/greg-r… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XpZ130dsgN
about 10 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Buffalo Bills draft pick pleads not guilty by insanity in attempted murder case… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Wow huge news twitter.com/davehydesports…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 6, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZorZZGk1X6
about 49 mins ago