- Name: Tristen Wallace
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 230
- Position: WR
- College: Prairie View A&M University
- Twitter: @Tristenwallace9
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Desoto, Texas. Desoto is home to legends. My high school (Desoto High School) is known for producing the best athletes in America! & I take tremendous pride in that! We put out at least 15 D1 players a signing class every year.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength & Conditioning, Practice. All of these things fall into practice. that’s why I put practice last because doing these two things you are still practicing weather it’s gaining knowledge of the game or working your body into the physical fitness it needs to excel at its very best.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’m a big time hooper, basketball was my first sport growing up. My junior year in highschool we lost in the state semifinals. My whole team was hurt and in dismay, we definitely knew it was our year. The very next year, (my senior year) we found ourselves back in the same situation. However this time we excelled and went on and to the finals and won! I was the 2016 Texas 6A State Basketball MVP and All-tournament team! I worked very hard that year and sacrificed so much that I hadn’t the previous year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My best quality is my Leadership! No doubt, when I’m on the field ima big communicator and example by what my actions display.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I Have played against in college is Tytus Howard of the Houston Texans when he was at Alabama State. He is that much of an offensive tackle. He’s a man, has good feet, sets up fast, can run block, very physical and patient watching him, he played every snap like it was his last! Full speed to the whistle blows!
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Social Worker or a Football coach
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Most likely a family member because loyalty runs deep with me… if the strangers have done nothing for me and my family member has. it would make every bit of sense to save my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Gladiator! Especially because I love the movie & that’s how I personally envision myself on the field!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity no doubt was My freshman year in college when I was falsely accused of some things I had not done. I overcame the false accusations by staying level headed and knowing that God had something in store for me at the end of the horrific road.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My one hand “Odell Beckham” like catch against Alabama State !
What song best describes your work ethic?
• H.A.M – NBA YoungBoy
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My most important trait is no doubt my mind at the next level ! I was a former ESPN300 QB/ATH and Elite 11 semi-finalist coming out of Desoto High school. So being a Former QB, I see the field different playing WR. I can read coverages while I’m running, I can make pre-snap reads by looking at the defense knowing what they’re going to do. and most importantly, I know every time I’m about to get football!
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my two teammates I lost in JUCO. Bryce & Tyler Spillman. They died in a car wreck on they’re way back to school.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I wouldn’t, that doesn’t intrigue me.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Devin Funchess/Keenan Allen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected/ I could careless if you like me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt, He hasn’t completely had his career derailed but I choose him because he was arguably the best RB in the NFL at the time that his domestic situation came up. I really feel for him and hope players become smarter when dealing with off the field issues and Females in general.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I LOVE TO WIN !!!!!!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother and father, They have taught me everything I know, I can not thank my two parents for everything they’ve done for me to to get this point and start preparing for this process that’s about to take place this next year!