The NFL season is quickly approaching and I wanted to talk about five players who I feel will decline in 2019. There are so many good players in the NFL, and I feel these big name players are destined for a decline in 2019. I know I will get beat up for it, but someone needs to say it.
Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs – Mahomes became just the second player in NFL history to throw for 5,000 passing yards and 50 touchdowns when he won the honor last season, joining Peyton Manning. That is such a terrific year I cannot see him doing it again. I think there will be a little decrease, I do think he is still a Pro-Bowl quarterback, but I do not feel he will have the year he did in 2018. I expect him to decline because he could be doing it without Tyreek Hill for a few games, that will hurt him big time.
Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots – Losing Rob Gronkowski is going to hurt Tom Brady. Gronk has always been a safety window for Brady to escape when his wideouts are not stepping up. Brady is getting older and I feel his decline is finally coming. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I feel he will struggle big time this season. We are seeing the end of Tom Brady, I do not feel he can make it another couple years. Let’s face it Brady is old now.
Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens – I know he is only a second-year quarterback, but I think he did some really amazing things year one. I think he will struggle in year 2 because I feel the Ravens did not do enough to help him. The Ravens added a few young wideouts and Mark Ingram and that is not going to be enough. Their defense is going to suffer big time after losing four key players. I think the Ravens needed to do more and they failed to do so. I feel bad for Lamar because he is going to struggle year two.
Adam Theilen, WR, Minnesota Vikings – I had Adam Theilen in Fantasy Football and he was the best wideout in the game last year for Fantasy points. The guy was a machine, he was getting targeted 10-12 times a game. I love this kid but I feel this year the Vikings offense will be more balanced. I think Theilen will still get balls his way but he will slow down on production. Kirk Cousins better get it right quick because he has not been worth his contract, so far.
Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers – I cannot think of another player in the league that more people hate right now than Antonio Brown. He has been one of the best wideouts in the game over the past several years, but I feel he will be a bust in Oakland his first year. I hope I am wrong because I am rooting for the Raiders. I think the Raiders and Derek Carr will struggle to get him the ball in his first season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Will Fuller Injury Review | Could he be with a new team in 2021?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:From Dud To Stud, 15 Players That Will Be Noticed In 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/dud-to… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/I2v0Tcj0Rk
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/shemar…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:JJ Watt to Bills needs to happen right now nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/jj-wat… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/TjDsMGVp2t
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Pro Day Schedule for 2021 NFL Draft Prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/pro-da… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/hjYVR7xmcl
about 4 hours ago