Stuart Mouchantaf a former Rice University football player was arrested today on three federal charges. The Feds indicted the former Owls defensive lineman on three counts to include conspiring to distribute, possessing with intent to distribute.
Stuart was arrested in October with state charges for the death of his former teammate Blain Padgett that occurred on March 2nd.
Investigators believe that Mouchantiff provided Padgett with pills containing hydrocodone, but investigators are saying that the pills were not hydrocodone but rather carfentanil.
Carfentanil is to sedate Elephants and large animals. The state charges were dropped but the Feds immediately picked up the case.
If Mouchantaf did in fact know it was carfentanil it was messed up, but if Padgett knew what he was taking, he should be responsible for what he is putting in his body as well. This is a sad case.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Players Who Retired Too Early nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/retire… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3D2cPmPLNV
about 26 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kaleb Fossum, WR, University of Nevada, Reno… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Diamond Talk: Isiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth | Big Green’s Bright Spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/isiah-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SXnH8EgYFD
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Dang the big guy went in twitter.com/thescore/statu…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone