- Name: Quincy Brown
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 215lbs
- Position: RB
- College: Friends University
- Twitter: @_qbrown2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Denver, Colorado and I grew up in the Montbello area. I love my hometown, it’s apart of who I am. Montbello helped mold me into the strong person I am today. Certain areas of Montbello are flooded with gangs so it’s easy to get sucked into that lifestyle. What I love most about my hometown is the fact we have places like Rec centers for kids to get away and have a place to escape from the stuff going on around them.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning is where you are made. If you aren’t conditioned to play 4 whole quarters then you already put yourself in a position to lose games.
- Film study because in order to beat your opponent you have to study them. Learn their tendencies and techniques they like to use.
- Practice is extremely important. It’s where you work out all the kinks in your game plan so come game day there is no thinking about what you need to do or how plays should be executed
What do you worry about, and why?
• Something that I worry about on the daily is my mom and sisters health. Shortly after I graduated high school, I had to watch my mom and sister both lay in a hospital bed. My mother became paralyzed for a year and my sister was on life support.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Something that pops up in my head when I think about a time of failure is when I first started lifting weights. I was trying to power clean 225 and I kept failing. I would get so mad because I knew I could hit the weight so I continued to only try to power clean 225 until I successfully did it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my IQ or natural strength
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against in college would have to be Ryan Moody dude is a BEAST
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football right now, I’d be a man of many traits. I’d own my own gym and become a trainer. I would mentor kids more often. I would be a mechanic and restore cars from the ground up and flip them. I would also be a humanitarian. I know that’s more than one career but I plan on doing multiple things after my football career is done.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I’m for sure cleaning my room first. That’s where I spend most of my time relaxing.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose one family member. Although I would feel sorry for not being able to help the other people, I don’t think I can live with the thought of me being able to save my mom or sister and I didn’t.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’m definitely going with Black Panther. He’s a respected king that handles his business.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I had in my life was when I almost lost my mom and sister. It sucked being in the hospital having to go from room to room every day. I hate the fact that I had to witness both of them like that.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment happened in 8th grade when I fumbled a snap and the other team scooped and scored. This was the biggest game of the season vs our rivals. I made up for it though by taking the following kick off to the house.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my collegiate career came when I scored my first TD on my moms birthday. That was the first time my mom watched me play since my senior year of high school.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grindin All My Life x Nipsey Hussle (RIP NH Nip)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Nipsey Hussle. I want to learn as much as I can from him. He really came from the dirt and established himself as an entrepreneur, humanitarian and just an overall well-respected king.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• YM Night Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• My dawg Phillip Lindsay
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because having people respecting you will take you farther in life than people liking you. People can fake like you but it’s hard to fake respect someone.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman. The man was a top 10 pick for sure and had everything stripped away from him because a woman lied on him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. A lose is just a lesson.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I have to go with my mom and sister. They are the two strongest people I have in my life. Everything they’ve been through, I don’t know if I would’ve pulled through as they did. They still face battles with their health and yet they still continue to wake up every day and have a blessed mindset.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former Dolphins Coach Chris Foerster Who was Fired for Cocaine Use Takes Job with the 49ers ift.tt/30y6tGG
about 24 mins ago via IFTTT
- My boy Jose Jaws Ocasio!!!! TKO Round 1 1:12 in the fight
about 32 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 23, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/tpNYkYINRP
about 36 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Duke Williams I told y’all
about 39 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- I could see the Saints trading a CB, Jets a likely suitor.
Could the Dolphins be making moves? They want Clowne… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone