- Name: Mason Blocker
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 210
- Position: QB
- College: Faulkner University
- Twitter: @blockermason2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
Covington Louisiana is my hometown. I grew up all my life here, and it’s a huge blessing. Covington is a decent size city I would say, they have a lot great here, amazing food, and underrated athletics. The major thing I love about Covington is because its where I grew up with my family. Those memories will stick with me for a lifetime.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• film study is the most important aspect of football. Being able to understand what play you were running, how to run it correctly, learning your opponent, and being able to attack your opponent. Film study slows the game down tremendously because the more you see what the opponent is doing the easier it will be when you’re on the field.
Practice will be the second most important aspect of football. After being in the film room, learning the players that your coaches have implemented in your offense or defense now you were able to go out in the field and perfect them. The more you understand what you were doing the faster you will play, practice makes perfect.
Strength and conditioning is my third important aspect of football. Yes, it’s extremely important to be strong and conditioned. Being a gym rat is very important, your body is what makes everything go. It’s very important to prepare yourself in the spring and the summer to get you ready for the season in the fall.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t really have any worries. I’m always looking forward to what is next for me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• last year I suffered an injury that put me out for the whole season after four games. To myself, I failed. It was very tough for me and for my teammates. It took almost a week, but after getting surgery and progressing I’ve made 100% recovery. My whole focus is on next season and winning the conference championship for my university.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would think my teammates say that I lead by example and having the mindset of always being positive when things go wrong.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Dakota Allen is the best player I have ever played against in college. My freshman year add Jones County community college, my first career start was against East Mississippi community college. It was broadcasted on Netflix and the game was extremely hyped. After defeating them, playing against the Dakota was definitely a challenge. There’s a huge reason why he got drafted this year.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• As of right now, I’m studying occupational therapy. I haven’t made a decision on what field in OT I would like to take, but I’m leaning towards being a travel OT.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room would have to be clean first, I can’t really do anything or think with a messy room. Then I would move onto my desk which is my work area. And my car is what I drive around every day and that would be my last.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to go with family, the family is everything to me. I wouldn’t be where I am today without my Family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would say Spiderman because being able to shoot webs and fly across the city would be incredible. Also helping people and stopping crime.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life happened this past year having a season-ending injury. This injury taught me about life, made me a stronger man, also told me that football might not ever last forever and put a chip on my shoulder.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Losing against our rivals my senior year of high school
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career is throwing my first touchdown against East Mississippi my freshman year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lose Yourself by Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring Grandmother. I would want her to see all of my success and give her a huge hug.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Block
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Drew Brees
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Being respected because it describes your character and shows you earned it.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say Johnny Manziel, I’ve followed his career ever since I was in high school. And seeing him fall off after being drafted and made several mistakes made me not look up to him anymore. After seeing him this past year get his life together and join the CFL and the AFF made me happy to watch him again.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love winning, but losing puts a sickness in my stomach.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life as my dad. He has taught me everything that I know. Every decision I make I always think what would my dad do. He is a huge part of my life and I wouldn’t be where I am today without him.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- XFL Draft Diamonds – Defensive Backs for the XFL Combine and Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/xfl-di… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zJtCa1S5Ij
about 36 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Contract Extension for Melvin Gordon Reportedly Isn’t Going to Happen Anytime Soon ift.tt/2JK1OeI
about 37 mins ago via IFTTT
- NFL Transactions for July 22, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Leondre Crosby, LB, Walsh University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/leondr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/2KZcTvrKv9
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Sepesitiano “Tiano” Pupungatoa (All American LG) from South Dakota State is a Viking! #Vikings
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone