- Name: Marvin Grunshie
- Height: 6-1
- Weight: 190
- Position: FS
- College: Virginia University of Lynchburg
- Twitter: @crunch_master11
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Grew up in Reston, Virginia a small soon to be big city. Great Place for opportunities and connections. From the culture to the views are just wonderful; this is where I get most of my creativity from
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film and practice
- S&C: comes first because without a person body is in top shape you wouldn’t be able to perform the way you’re expected in this sport
- Film: The human body performs/operates more efficiently when it already knows what to expect “be ready you don’t get to get ready”
- Practice: you take what you gained from S&C and film then transfer it to the field so you can build muscle memory. Last step but very important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Worry about not being able to feed, teach and be there for my family. Growing up I lived with my father (single parent) seen him bust his behind to make sure our family had what we needed. He slays taught me a Man takes cares of his responsibilities no matter the tasks
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Made a promise to my father I would go to a major D1 on a full ride so he wouldn’t have to worry. After graduation, I didn’t receive a single offer from any school which devastated me, felt like I had failed. He always told me not to give up, I trust my father so I took his advice kept working out dedicating my time to football then a week before school started I got an offer from VuL
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates are always talking about my IQ for the game and my natural desire to just give it my all at all times
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Johnny Rambret. He’s my teammate so I never actually played against him but that kid is just AMAZING!!!
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’m big on fashion/designing. Currently in school for business marketing seeking to hopefully start my own clothing line that sells clothes at an affordable price and donate a percentage to charity
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first, that’s how I start my days
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family, family always comes first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jackie Robinson, the way he stood his ground when he wanted to break and half all the adversity really separate him from an average player to a great player
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Friends, growing up I didn’t have all the childhood dreams, I was very talented and I always made the best out of whatever I had such as clothes sports or designing which made me stand out to a lot of people, so I dealt with a lot of envy
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Was playing football a couple of neighborhoods down from mine my stomach starting bumbling I thought I just had to pass gas but it was more so I took off running and before I could make it home it started to come so I had my business in a bush
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching my first college interception which resulted in a touchdown. All week I was studying film. Before the snap, I liked at the formation checked the defense from cover 3 to “G2” I have two to one, my guy ran an out so I Climb over top of one look up and the ball was in my hands I took off like Forest Gump
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Eminem – Lose Yourself
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My mentality and patience.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Sean Hill – I lost my best friend from cancer. I wasn’t there to see him and spend the time I wanted too so I would want to do everything we always spoke about wanting to do
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• That guy Jamal Adams “the President”
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, rather be respected then like because if A person respects me that tells me I did something real that made that person look at me in a way better way
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor, Very known respected hard working man from the slums doing everything he could to provide for his family got his life taken away for something petty
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, if I lose that means I didn’t do what I was supposed to to prepare myself
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My father, single parent, couldn’t read or write, lost his parents at 12 did everything he could to bring my family to America, raised us all while work 24-hour shifts and always tried his best to attend my game
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Saquon Barkley injury update, Why did it take so long for surgery? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/saquon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Week 8 Preview: New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills ift.tt/3jMGior
about 33 mins ago
- Three Possible Trades for the Arizona Cardinals ift.tt/3egw5iF
about 33 mins ago
- Four Players Steve Cohen Should Target Aside From Trevor Bauer or J.T. Realmuto ift.tt/35VEbtk
about 2 hours ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Dallas Goedert and Jalen Reagor injury update nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dallas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7rxMx9rXpe
about 2 hours ago