- Name: Marcus Tappan
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 245
- Position: MLB/OLB
- College: Briar Cliff University
- Twitter: @tappan_marcus
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Pasadena, CA. What I love most about it is the weather. Can’t beat 75 degrees, also good food there.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength & Conditioning, Film Study, Practice
- The reason being is that you have to build in the weight room as a linebacker to be both strong and fast due to the game now from covering slot receivers to taking on 300lb lineman so durability is important, film study comes into play by being able to pick apart an offense and their scheme and practice to put it all together on the field to translate it on game day!
What do you worry about, and why?
- My family and their well being, since I am far away at school I do not get to see them anywhere near as often.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I had to go to JUCO because I had no D1 offers, I was very disappointed but used that as fuel and ended up signing to University of Cincinnati at the end of the season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I stay in the weight room and I can cover well as linebacker in man coverage from the slot, especially for my size.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Cooper Kupp, when I played at Montana State.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Personal trainer, help people achieve there physical goals and them feeling better about themselves and also just being healthier to live a longer life.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Black Panther because of his suit and he is also a king.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I would say it would have to be my knee surgery before this past season. Had 12 holes drilled in it, cartilage replacement and my meniscus shaved off. I wasn’t suppose to play until week 3 if the season but I pushed my limits and went through training camp with no restrictions, played through the pain and played from start to finish (week 1-11) during the season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- First year of Pop Warner football I use to get lit up!!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Knocking out the running back when I played against Eastern Washington on a toss play and just cleaned him up good.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Nipsey Hussle- Dedication
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Versatility on the field/high pain tolerance and metal toughness.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandma.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- THE TAP LOUNGE
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- At my position Bobby Wagner, so under appreciated
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, life is a business and people got mouths to feed so wanting to be liked by the majority is not a priority as to having respect. Human nature will tell you some people will take your kindness for weakness.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Rolando McClain, He was such beast at Alabama, Raiders, Cowboys but just could not get right. Freak athlete at the Middle Linebacker position and also instinctual.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to win!!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My dad, he has been there every step of the way. I been to four colleges since JUCO and he has supported me every step of the way through my peaks and valleys. I love that man to death and the wisdom, love and support he has given to me even when I messed up can not be repaid.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jalen Morton, QB, Prairie View A&M University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Zay Jones May end up getting traded, he was still in the game in the fourth quarter. Shoot Duke was still in there too
about 14 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Former Dolphins Coach Chris Foerster Who was Fired for Cocaine Use Takes Job with the 49ers ift.tt/30y6tGG
about 33 mins ago via IFTTT
- My boy Jose Jaws Ocasio!!!! TKO Round 1 1:12 in the fight
about 41 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 23, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/tpNYkYINRP
about 45 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro