- Name: Madre Harper
- Height: 6’2.5
- Weight: 195
- Position: CB
- College: Southern Illinois
- Twitter: @RSHAKA_ON_TOP
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Arlington, Texas and for one Texas is the best state in the nation hands down. I love my city because of the culture we have and all the lessons I have learned about being there. We are right in between Dallas and Fort Worth so I get the best of both worlds on visiting those great cities, as well as the Cowboys stadium is in Arlington as well which is phenomenal.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Conditioning, Film Study, Strength- You can know the plays and what to expect but if you are out of shape you won’t be able to make the whole game let alone have a productive practice if you’re not able to go hard because you are gasping for air. Also lack of strength can be made up for by technique, athleticism and fundamentals.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about nothing honestly, I let God be the guide in my life. All I can do is put my best foot forward by training hard, doing the little things right, being detailed orientated and going hard every play likes it’s my last.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Never feel like I’ve failed at anything I just found a way that didn’t work. Like when I failed my first test in college, I was hurt but I figured out my way of studying was not working and had to change my study habits and got an A on my next test.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My intelligence and physicality on the field. I am a hard nose corner I like to tackle, and I just have a feel for the game and work hard to learn the defense and to put myself in the right position that can maximize my performance.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• James Washington, he is a beast the athleticism and physicality on him are crazy was great work for me when I was at Oklahoma State my first two years of college.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I am currently studying to be a Physical Therapist so that would be a career and eventually open up my own sports medicine and training facility.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first; I do not want to lay my head in a filthy room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My mother that is my backbone has been so helpful my whole career, but just choosing one is not fair my whole family has been behind me so I would want to save them all.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ip Man- that man was a boss whopping everybody, providing for his community and teaching the young one’s knowledge and doing hard labor to provide for his family even when they were rich the year before and had become poor because of war.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Transferring schools felt like I failed my family at one point, and I had to keep telling myself my life isn’t over and I know I’m great and I had to re-find myself buckle down and grind even harder. Success is the best revenge
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Don’t have one I’m supper smooth lol
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring on my first ever collegiate play off a punt return recovery ill never forget that feeling.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hustlin- Rick Ross every day I’m getting it is going to work and school and practice never complain just embrace it I have to make it for my family.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A strong Worth Ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grand Parents they died when I was young like 4 years old and they were huge football fans and my middle name is after my grandfather so just being to have them in my life and see how far I have come.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Too Trill
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Doug Baldwin watch the tape you’ll see.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected- if you are respected you will most likely be liked and I want people to respect me for my craft and what I bring to the table when you have respect your name brings weight to the table.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Brian Banks- falsely accused of rape and messed up his whole career. He spent 10 years in prison for that to get out after she confessed, she had lied. That is scary as a young Black Male
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose I compete in everything I want to be on top, but Hate is a strong word I dislike losing a lot, but it also is a great teacher at times.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents their work ethic and sacrifice are unmatched I strive to even be half of what they are. Countless sacrifices and also loved me no matter what. Seeing them go to work every day working long hours missing work to see me play ill never forget any of that.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Officially at 59 players one more from the BIG 60 and we keep hearing there are some big names who are really consi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- That would be a major loss for Bills twitter.com/marcel_lj/stat…
about 44 mins ago
- What Will the Playoffs Bring for Luka Doncic? ift.tt/33Hhaev
about 45 mins ago
- Phillips Valdez Excelling in Red Sox’ Bullpen ift.tt/30wd8Dw
about 45 mins ago
- A potential top 10 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft has opted out of the season nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/opt-ou… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/J8rnivhGoR
about 48 mins ago