• Name: Lawrence Brown Jr.
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 221
• Position: Linebacker
• College: Elizabeth City State University
• Twitter: @Memphis_31
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Hollywood, Florida. I love the diversity of my city and I will always come back to visit no matter where I go. A lot of people have made it out but only a few give back to the community. I want to be able to make a difference where young upcoming athletes can benefit and they can strive on some of the tools that I didn’t have growing up.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice is First- Because you learn the key fundamentals during practice that is very important when playing a sport like football. You have to consider all the things that you need to know before completing.
Film is Second- Because it is important to know what you are doing before completing as well as knowing what others are doing. By watching the film you can learn your opponent’s tendencies and able to take that into the game with you also. Strength and Conditioning are third- Not Because it is the least important but by you practicing hard you are conditioning your body. And strength and conditioning go hand and hand by because you have to be healthy to last in this game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I mainly worry about helping my family out in the future, I didn’t come from the best household so being able to provide for my family is what I strive for every day and I am willing to do whatever it takes to do so.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember when I applied for my first job. After I thought I thought I did well enough on the interview I ended up not getting the job. But that didn’t stop me from applying again a few summers later, being that I really wanted the job I did my research on what they look for the most and I worked on that so that I could bring a core value to the table.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my work ethic is my best quality solely because of the time and effort that I put into everything thing that we do. I strive to effectively work towards the goals of the best way possible by following rules, being on time, and never giving up. This takes me standing out by coming in early and leaving out late on a daily bases.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player that I have played against in college is Quarterback Amir Hall from Bowie State University. He is a very good passer and he knows how to dissect a defect well. I spent a lot of time watching the film on him and his team and I respect him as a player.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would become a medical malpractice attorney. I live medical studies and along with playing football have always wanted to be a lawyer growing up.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first, most people look at your room to explains who you are as a person and if someone were to take a look at my room I would want them to know that I was a clean well-organized person.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Depending on the circumstances I would choose my one family member because I love all of my family and being that I don’t have many of them I wouldn’t want to see any of them leave.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be a television or movie character I would choose Batman. Which was my favorite character growing up I love watching the movies that he was featured in? He was strong and very skillful, he also loved helping his community which meant a lot to people.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I had to go the Junior College route and it was very rough being out on my own with nowhere to live at times and hardly anything to eat. But when I started to gain college interest that made me push hard because I knew that it would be over soon. Being in a position like that isn’t for everyone and it truly humbled me as a person.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One of my most embarrassing moments is when I showed up for early morning workouts on an off day. And the trainer was there and asked me what was I doing there when I thought I was going to be late.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career is last season against St. Augustine. I lined up on the edge and the running back tried to catch a toss pass from the QB, I got a good get off the ball and was right in his lap right when he tried to catch the ball and put a heavy hit on him. The crowd and the sideline went crazy.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Bibby ft. Pnb Rock & Meek Mill- Some how some way
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being able to understand different situations and being diverse. I have been through a lot growing up and have experienced a lot also. My mom taught me how to understand different situations early on so things that people are going through now I have overcome them and learned how to deal with many different situations.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my Great grandmother because she was a very humble woman who I loved a lot. She was a working grandmother who had a good head on her shoulders, I was young when she passed but I feel that we connected well because we are so much alike.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darius Leonard- Indianapolis Colts
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Because respect lasts longer than someone like you. You could be the most unliked person in the world but people still could have a large amount of respect for you. It goes a long way no matter what the circumstance is.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor- He was a very talented player and many can’t do what he had done. If he had been still playing longer he would have broken many more records. I feel that him being who he was playing a big role in his death.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both, in this game you have to hate losing or it will always happen and you also have to love winning or it will almost never happen.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My blissful grandmother, my grandmother has always been there for me she practically raised me and has supported me 100 percent throughout my whole life. She has always encouraged me to reach my full potential, whether it was in school or playing football she has she wanted me to always do my best. I am very honored to have her in my life, whenever I need help or needed someone to talk to, she was always there for me. I would like for her to know that she holds a special place in my heart, and without her, I would not be the person who I am today.