- Name: Keontae Edwards
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 185
- Position: DB
- College: Black Hills State University
- Twitter: @shutdown_kj
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
● I am from Denver Colorado, raised in the Montbello area most my life. What I love most about my city is that we come from a place a lot of talent gets overlooked but we continue fighting for opportunities and don’t allow no for a final answer. That kind of mentality takes you a long way and teaches you a lot about life.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Film study is number one for me because the more im able to study my opponent, I feel the easier the game can be.2. Practice is my number two because even though every practice isn’t going be a great one, it’s a time to critique your mistakes so you wont make as many during the game. If you practice how you play, come saturday or sunday you go into the game with not so much to think about but winning. 3. Although Strength and Conditioning is very important to me, I feel like playing in this sport that’s expected to be great at what you do. The hardest part during a game is the 4th quarter and if you can maintain your strength and endurance during that time, your mind won’t be focusing on anything but getting that win.
What do you worry about, and why?
● I worry about my family the most, thinking about all their problems and how I can be the one to help change that. I’ve always been the lion of my family and playing that role is most important to me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
● When I look back at my life, a time I feel like I failed at something was being out of school for 2yrs after graduating high school. Fighting for transcripts and paying off debt I never gave up on myself and finally made it happen to attend school again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality
● Not only my teammates but anybody that knows me would say my best quality is my passion. Anything I truly believe in i’m definitely giving it my all.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
● Wilbur Cooper hands down the best RB i’ve ever witnessed.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
● If it wasn’t for football I would of took the strength & condition coaching route. Im such a geek when it comes to physical fitness and I love seeing athletes conquer their fitness goals.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
● I would definitely clean up my room first, a clean room to come home to is the best part
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
● Man wish I was able to save them all but I would save one family member. Having that feeling of a gone family member is pretty painful.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
● I would be DJ Williams from stomp the yard because even with his brother passing away, he found a way to turn all of his pain into passion. It changed him for the better.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
● My biggest adversity in my life would have to be my mother passing away on my birthday. That whole day still haunts me but the pain I felt I turned into my why and anyone with a true reason makes unbelievable things happen in life.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
● I would have to say dropping a pick 6 in juco during the tucson prep game.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
● Thinking back I would say it was last year playing vs colorado mesa when one of our cornerbacks got hurt. It was 3rd & 6 in the 4th quarter, I came in the game knowing they would try my side and I came away with a game changing PBU.
What song best describes your work ethic?
● Music is definitely a big part of me and my game so I would have to go with Ace Hood – True 2 self. That song just speaks to my soul.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
● The most important trait I believe I have would be my aggression as a DB.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
● I would definitely bring back my mother. She was my number one fan and never gave up on me during this process with football. I would just want her to see a game and see how far i’ve came and how much growth i’ve gained.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
● That’s a great question haha, I think i would name it Crystals. Makes me think of more energy.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
● The most underrated player in the NFL would have to be philip Lindsay. He’s from the city but most importantly he never let a no stop him from making his dream come true. He’s top 3 running back in the NFL and was only a rookie that was never drafted. Just says a lot about his why.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why
● I never cared about if someone liked me. The most valuable thing you can have is respect. Being respected just carries more weight and speaks more volume.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
● To be honest that’s a hard one to answer because there’s so many that I learned from.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
● I for sure love to win, losing is just a learning tool to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
● The biggest influence on my life would be my mother. Growing up I seen her work countless hours with multiple jobs just to make sure me and my sister was good as a single mother. Never complained or made excuses no matter how bad it was. That taught me so many lessons about life and if it wasn’t for her sacrifices, ain’t no telling where I would of ended up.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Players Who Retired Too Early nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/retire… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3D2cPmPLNV
about 31 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kaleb Fossum, WR, University of Nevada, Reno… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Diamond Talk: Isiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth | Big Green’s Bright Spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/isiah-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SXnH8EgYFD
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Dang the big guy went in twitter.com/thescore/statu…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone