- Name: Justin Rogers
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 195
- Position: DB
- College: UTEP
- Twitter: @Kinghaasan
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Los Angeles, California. I love the culture of my city and our influence on American culture.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study and Strength and Conditioning. While all three of these are super vital, I think practice is would be first because that is where you put the other two together. Film study is obviously important because that is where you making necessary corrections and adjustments that get you better and win football games. It is a lot easier to handle the threat of a punch if you see it coming. Although strength and conditioning go last it is also super important as you need it to execute the other two.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much at all honestly. The one thing that is forever on my mind through most of my years would be if I’m going to become the man that I want to be. Coming from Los Angeles I’ve seen the potential of many people go to waste (waste being somewhere the person did not want to be). So I just worry about if I am making the correct decisions to become the man that I want to become one day.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My senior year in high school, I failed to bring back a second championship. After winning the previous year and moving up a division, we went into my senior season with a lot of confidence. When we lost I felt really bad about not being able to lead/will my team to victory. I think that was the moment I truly learned the value of leadership.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my football IQ. My knack for understanding the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Baker Mayfield
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football my career would be something involving Computer Science.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, my personal space is super important to me
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d like to say to three strangers but realistically I’d save one of my family members. I think it would be random to save a stranger in a disaster because I would assume natural instinct would be to find your family. For the record saving the strangers probably the better answer.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick because bro is a savage.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I think the biggest adversity I’ve faced in my life was just growing up in poverty, in a poverty-stricken area. Poverty forces you to address and learn a lot of things very quickly. However, I sort of always ignored it. Although I was very aware of my circumstances and surroundings, I ignored all of those things and just tried to get a better grasp of life. I mainly focused on what my parents told me to focus on and better myself.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment had to be when I was about 10. One day I spent the day with my cousins in Compton. They were around 10 years older than me. After I beat one of them in the video game, it was said that my smack talk had gone a little too far. I ended up being stripped and hung on the fence by my underwear.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My Sophomore year at NMSU, I intercepted a pass, pretty early in the game. I just remember how loud the crowd was. It temporarily reminded me that I was no longer playing in front of a few hundred people and closer to 30 thousand.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hussle N Motivate – Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The thirst of the importance of the game. Growing up I was the kid who couldn’t stop asking why, and I think that carries over to football. Asking why and understanding why things are done has helped my game tremendously and I think that it will continue to at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Ermias Joseph Asghedom, known professionally as Nipsey Hussle. I would choose Nip so he could change his last words to his children and family and to have a single conversation with him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The House of Funk
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Right now, I would say Minkah Fitzpatrick. One because I think defensive backs are underrated in general, and also because he just really did a lot for Miami this past season. Versatility is something that goes unnoticed but whenever you have somebody that can fill in wherever you need them is high of a value.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because I think respect goes a little further than being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Chad Ochocinco. Bro is hilarious and super entertaining to watch.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have for sure been the biggest influence in my life. I think they did a really great job of raising me and sculpting my brain to be so analytical. Their sacrifices are truly appreciated so shout Anesa Hayes and Jeff Rogers!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Young football player from Texas forced to quit after teammates bullied him to drink urine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Trenchmen’s Corner| Quinn Meinerz Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:Young football player from Texas forced to quit after teammates bullied him to drink urine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Britt Reid is still a free man and we need to step in, A 5 year old girl could have permanent brain damage… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Young football player from Texas forced to quit after teammates bullied him to drink urine nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/drink-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago