- Name: Justin Legier
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 215
- Position: OLB
- College: University of Arkansas at Monticello
- Twitter: @_justINit
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m originally from New Orleans, Louisiana but I moved to Slidell, Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.What I love most about my city is how the culture and the food is completely different from anywhere else in the country.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I believe strength and conditioning is the most important of the 3 choices because you can be mentally prepared for the game but if you are not physically prepared then you will be dominated every play of the game. it’s hard to decipher between practice and film study because film slows the game down and gives you an upper hand on the opponent. Practice is also important because you practice how you play and it prepares you for the next opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future and my family everyday. I want to be successful enough to where my parents can retire early and not have to stress about money.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Last year I took Trigonometry and failed the first test. I started the semester off bad, so I decided to go to tutoring everyday of the semester until finals. I eventually got better at math and finished the semester with a high B in the class.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My motor. I am an every down linebacker with great speed. I fly to the ball every play with great physicality.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Shaq Cooper, Fort Hays University. He was one of the quickest athletes I have ever competed against. He was a small running back but it was difficult to hit him because he was so shifty.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would still surround myself around football in some aspect, whether it be a recruiter or a coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, I get uncomfortable if my room is dirty. I can’t think properly with mess around me.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• This is a difficult question because it’s three lives to one but I would have to save a family member before three strangers. It’s Quality over Quantity right? ? However I would do everything in my power to save all four.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
•I would be Phineas from Phineas and Ferb. They were creative and always went on adventures. I like to travel and experience new things and they did something new everyday.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• One of the biggest adversities I faced in life was having surgery before my junior year. I tore my patella tendon which caused me to miss my junior year. During that time, my coaches took my scholarship so I had to pay for school with loans. I also had to get a full-time job to pay bills and take care of myself while living 15 hours away from home. I overcame all of it by surrounding myself with great people with positive mindsets. I also dominated therapy and bounced back that following semester to earn my scholarship back.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• This previous year, on my birthday I dropped a wide open interception to end the game.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My sophomore year, We played against Nebraska Kearney. We were up by one possession but we were losing momentum because they was driving down the field. Their TE caught a pass over the middle and I stripped the ball from him, I then ran the ball back to their 20 yard line to give us back momentum and to clinch the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• ( Gave it all I Got- Kodak Black)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• In my opinion, Film study. Film study slows the game down and it allows you to get an upper hand on your opponent if you notice their keys.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my friend Denine Tahbaz. I would bring her back to cherish every moment with her and to hear her sing again. She was one of the happiest people I have ever met and always uplifted everyone’s spirit around her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• “The Get Down”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Drew Brees. He should be remembered as one of the greatest of all time.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. I could care less if a person likes me or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, I would have liked to see him more focused and play consistently in the league.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. I work too hard to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother has the biggest influence on my life. My mother has always went above and beyond to make sure her kids were always taken care of. My mother went back to school to be able to provide more for her family. My mother taught me how to be a leader and never be content with what you have. She always kept my head on straight even when I was going the wrong way. I want to be in a position to give back to my mother ten times over.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This would be a great draft for any team here! Great work twitter.com/nflmaliik/stat…
about 4 mins ago
- Did You See This:Packers former General Manager Ted Thompson passed away at the age of 68 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ted-th…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago
- Last Chance:Doug Marrone to become O-Line Coach at Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/doug-m… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RtTxgyk2do
about 5 mins ago
- I have never seen so much hate for a coaching hire before. Poor Nick Sirianni. I hope you all eat your damn words… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago