- Name: Josh Fields
- Height: 6’6”
- Weight: 325
- Position: OT
- College: Elizabeth City State University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Raleigh, NC. It’s very sport oriented and that’s what I love about it. Raleigh supports Raleigh we love seeing each other succeed.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Film Study is most important because without a game plan you’re basically working for nothing.
2. The practice is next because you get to see yourself executing your mission. You learn from physical interaction and that’s what gets you ready for Saturday’s.
3. Strength and Conditioning are last but still extremely important. Once you’ve studied and practiced, it’s up to your body to do the rest.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family because anything can happen at any time to anybody so I worry about my siblings a lot. I Just wish I could keep them safe all the time.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve had many failures throughout my life and I honestly can’t name one over the other but all of my failures made me the man I am today. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. I wouldn’t be where I am without my failures.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My ability to leave it all on the field. I go as hard as I can for as long as I can and I am always upbeat even if we are losing.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Darren Wilson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Something involving sports. I’d like to be an athletic director or coach. Or a Bodyguard for somebody famous.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• 1.Desk first because I like to make sure my business is in order. Room is second because it’s hard to focus with a dirty room. Last is my car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• A family member because blood is thicker than water.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d be Shaq. Everybody loves Shaq.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life I’ve had to overcome was the loss of my mother. I’ve dealt with it by keeping the good memories fresh and always remembering that she’s still with me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Forgetting the Lyrics to a rap I wrote for my 5th grade talent show.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The play vs Virginia State my freshman year where my guy got past me and blocked our field goal attempt and we lost by 3. I worked hard to make sure nothing like that ever happened again.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Middle Child by J Cole
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Mother, just to kiss her and tell her I love her one more time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Scud Zone (my family knows why)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• My boy Phil Haynes.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Respect means everything.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel because he was fun to watch.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win! With losses comes lessons.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father because I have seen him sacrifice his NFL dreams so I and my brothers could have one.