Hezekiah Walters, a 14-year-old incoming freshman at Middleton High School in Tampa, fell to the ground on Tuesday, about 30 to 40 minutes into conditioning drills, which included weight training and sprints, WFLA reports.
“Walters collapsed around 30 minutes into an outdoor practice at the school’s football field that included weightlifting and wind sprints. Coaches immediately called 911 when they saw he collapsed,” according to CNN.
Police and school officials said Hezekiah and other students were given water breaks during the afternoon practice. Temperatures at the time hovered at about 88 degrees, but it felt closer to 100 degrees thanks to a high dew point, according to the station.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Colten Menges, LS, Alcorn State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/colten… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iIgByKZQng
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X5Gr1B4R0p
about 37 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Is Expanding nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/that-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/B7IEsGbfKj
about 44 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1tJRoWfKQ4
about 53 mins ago
- Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Malik Davis, Defensive Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/malik-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZuqQ0mL7oE
about 2 hours ago