Hezekiah Walters, a 14-year-old incoming freshman at Middleton High School in Tampa, fell to the ground on Tuesday, about 30 to 40 minutes into conditioning drills, which included weight training and sprints, WFLA reports.
“Walters collapsed around 30 minutes into an outdoor practice at the school’s football field that included weightlifting and wind sprints. Coaches immediately called 911 when they saw he collapsed,” according to CNN.
Police and school officials said Hezekiah and other students were given water breaks during the afternoon practice. Temperatures at the time hovered at about 88 degrees, but it felt closer to 100 degrees thanks to a high dew point, according to the station.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Check out Wingate's own Robbie Wallace, good film for him hudl.com/v/2BREBx #hudl
about 45 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- New York #Jets will host AAF TE Nick Truesdell for the second time next week - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/nick-t…
about 49 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Chris Broussard Clapped Back at Jay Onrait ift.tt/2LYnwgm
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:Chasing the Dream, a Athlete’s Determination nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/chasin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/kLFG1DH2W2
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for July 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9QCQN6wnLn
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro