- Name: Emetrious “Red” Scott
- Height: 5’7
- Weight: 161
- Position: WR/Return specialist
- College: Lyon College
- Twitter: @RedScott10
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My Hometown is Antreville and Abbeville South Carolina. Antreville is where I’m born and raised. Country living, all my family on one street, dirt roads, the whole nine. Abbeville is a small blue-collar football based town, who also help raise me into the God-fearing man I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength & Conditioning first, because if your mind and body isn’t ready before either of the two you’ve already taken an L
• Film second, because you have to be able to translate what you see on the other team, as well as yourself on the field to make yourself better.
• Practice, last. it’s time to bring everything together then. 1000% each rep and let’s make it happen.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being the provider, I know I can be. But I know I’m going to be that provider so there’s no reason for me to think like that
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I would say when I had to Redshirt at Mt sac bc I wasn’t doing good academically. But I bounced back the next year earning offers from all over the country.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership, by far.. I take pride in trying to unlock someone’s potential.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Too many to name, but honestly by best opponents have always come from my own teammates in JUCO, no matter if it was at VVC in 2015 (10-1) team, or Mt Sac 2016 (redshirt year) and 2017 team. There where always dawgs lined up across from me.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Barbering, I have a God-given gift when it comes to my hands lol. also coaching, though because like I said, I’m blessed with the gift of getting the best out of someone.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family! my condolences to the strangers but family comes first. Especially mine lol
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Bugs Bunny was one cool dude. he traveled everywhere, living in a whole, and was as smooth as can be. So I would say bugs …
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Like I said before, my redshirt year at mt sac, just because I haven’t sat out a football season since I was 6. I felt as if I failed my family, and wasted time out there. But I just realized that God gives battles to his toughest soldiers. And I used that year to grow spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I really don’t get embarrassed that much, I’m a pretty out going guy .. only time that came to mind is when I tripped and hit my head on the ground when I was little and started crying in front of everybody. Yeah, I couldn’t stand that I cried
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I have 2, against Fullerton in 2017 where I had 220+ AP and 2 tubs & Last season against Arizona Christian I had 269 AP and a tub
What song best describes your work ethic?
• In due time – K camp & Blood, Sweat, Tears – Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Speed, God-given speed. Can’t teach it. It’s either you have it or you don’t. And my film speaks for its self.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Papa, For him to see what his grandkids, kids, family, in general, has grown to be. And get to me his great grandkids as well.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• “Sauceem” — (sauce – um)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marquise Goodwin
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I can care less about who likes me or not. But I guarantee they’ll respect me
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Martavis Bryant, the big-time guy from where I’m from and a lot of people looked up to him. Just sucks with the situation that happens with him, but I know he’ll bounce back. Hard, he from Abbeville county
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• (Big laugh) Both, hating to lose will cause you to have to love for winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My beautiful Mama Michelle Scott ! Man the sacrifices she’s made for me, my brother, and my sister is indescribable I owe her the world. Along with the rest of my family, and my very own family with my Queen Keana and Son Adonis.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qzfM0Nbos9
about 2 hours ago
- Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago