- Name: David Johnson
- Height: 5’11
- Position: CB
- College: Tusculum University
- Twitter: @djjohnson1161
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I loved how I use to play football and basketball in the street with boys all around Greenwood, but now it’s nothing like it. It’s so much hate down here now and feel like there is no love here for everyone to enjoy each other and have fun like how it used to be. But I truly love my city regardless because I have too many memories here and kids that look up to me.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength & condition – You have to keep up with your body and health to be able to last on the field, Practice – mastering your craft and becoming a better athlete day in and day out, Film study – Watching film is a MUST so that you will know what all you need to know about your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I have no worries because I’ve put my full trust and faith in God
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed one of my tests in my history class. I went and studied a lot longer than what I usually do, I went back to the next test and scored a lot higher than I did the first time. So basically what I’m saying is to get better, you going to have to do better and put in way more time at whatever you’re doing.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Very humble
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Wide receiver from Lenior Rhyne
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would coach football and be a personal trainer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room, I hate a junky room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• As much as I would like to save each and everyone, I’d save that one family member because that’s family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Chris Tucker because I grew up watching almost all the movies he is in and because he is too funny.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Before my uncle(Cliff) passed away, we would always talk about me staying prayed up and staying dedicated to Christ and football. So when he passed away, I felt as if a bit of me had left with him but I dedicated everything that I do, to him. Ever since then I’ve been training and going 10x harder than normal because this whole process is not just for me, it’s bigger than that. I do this for my WHOLE family.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Can’t really think of any
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching my first interception against Mars Hill
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “ Big Ole” by Contraband Gang
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My work ethic. I firmly believe in “ Hard work never goes unnoticed”
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle Cliff and because he was an intelligent man who loves his family and for him to see me still keeping my promise to him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I don’t even know but it would be something funny
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• DJ Swearinger
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because people will know what type of person I am.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez because I believe he would’ve made a big impact throughout his career but he had bad off the field issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose but love to win!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Overall my WHOLE FAMILY but mainly My mother(Debra Jordan) and my trainer(Jamar Crawford “Hoot”). I say family because I love my family so much and want to make sure we are all good and for no one to have no worries. My mother because she shares so much knowledge to me to help me throughout life and the love she has for not only me but her family. Jamar Crawford because he’s been helping me a long way since 8th grade to help me get to where I am today and I’m very thankful and blessed to have him in my life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1E2XwOjvFZ
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago