- Name: Darrell Henderson Jr
- Height: 6’1’’
- Weight: 315
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- College: Alcorn State University
- Twitter: @ChasingD1Dreams
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
•I’m from Jacksonville, Florida (DUUUVAL). I love that we the “get it out the mud” mindset, we try our hardest to be successful despite how we grew up.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film- it’s important to know how your opponent moves, studying their strengths and weaknesses to use against them.
Practice- “How you practice is how you play.” The game is won throughout the week of practice.
Strength and Conditioning- You must be physically and mentally stronger for the game
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to stress myself out about the things that I cannot control I feel that everything happens for a reason so I leave it into God’s hands.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at getting a starting job. My initial reaction was shocking, but the failure made me work harder to earn the starting job.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•My teammates would say that my best quality would be my competitiveness; I’m driven to be the best.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Martez Carter
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a family member because we’ve already built trust.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Iron man. He has the intellect, heart and confidence.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was in senior year of high school. I entered the year with no offers and it took a toll on me. I overcame this adversity by playing my hardest and working even harder every day with hopes that a school would look at me and give me a chance to really show my potential.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• The most embarrassing moment I can remember was in 8th grade on the football team. We were having an in a school game, the team was introduced to the school in the cafeteria and I slipped and fell in front of everybody.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play in my collegiate career was in 2017 against Jackson State had a big-time sack to give momentum in the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “Ready for War” by Majornine. The song is about preparing yourself for a fight in life and achieving your dreams.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My mindset is my most important trait. You have to go into a game with a head-on, determined mindset if you want to win the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my brother Darryl Mack back just to chill with him one more time. I wasn’t able to give him my proper goodbye and celebrate his life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Nine O Fo’
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Timmy Jernigan
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because with respect people look at you with a higher power
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon had his career derailed by off-field issues and his talent went to waste because of it.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad is the biggest influence on my life because he’s always there to push me to be a better me.