- Name: Craig Rucker
- Height: 5’7
- Weight: 165
- Position: Athlete
- College: Mars Hill University
- Twitter: @Ys_skooly
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Orlando, Fl which is a great environment. What I love most about my hometown is the support from the community, which always feels like love.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First, I’ll say film study because you want to always know your opponent and be able to recognize situations to put yourself and your team in the best position to be successful. Second, would have to be practice because you want to translate the knowledge you’ve gained from film study to the field. Games are also won throughout the week during practice, you just receive the results on gameday. Third, Strength and conditioning which I’m not by far downgrading. I believe strength and conditioning are important, you should be physically fit to be able to compete at the highest level possible. Taking care of your body is apart of the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about anything. I pray and leave everything and GOD hands, knowing he never puts more on me than I can handle.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I describe failure as losses, I take those losses and learn from them instead of feeling sorry for myself. Most important thing is not making the same mistake twice. Losses are not always bad things, losses could built and motivate you more than ever.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates could agree my best qualities is my competitiveness, energy, and the effort I give in practices and games.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kyle Kitchens
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sports Management
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk first, I feel like not having a clean desk reflects on you as a person.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If I could save either three strangers or one of my family members I would save my one family member. I love my family and family is important to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be a superhero. I would love serving my community and trying to bring safety and create more opportunities.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was not being able to compete at the division 1 level coming out of high school, after signing with a division 1 program. With growth, I quickly moved forward accepting and being blessed with the wonderful opportunity to compete at Mars Hill University. Which has been an unforgettable experience and I am forever grateful for the opportunity.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Tripping and falling while walking across the stage at my 5th-grade graduation and trying to play it off which didn’t turn out well, has to be the most embarrassing moment in my life.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable play of my collegiate career so far has been my junior year vs limestone, where I caught a diving touchdown pass which was 1 of the 5 receiving touchdowns I caught that night setting a school and conference record.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Wayne – Im A Go Getta
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have to help you succeed at the next level is Focus.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My great grandmother. She brought family closer, leaving unforgettable memories.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Flex
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Devante Adams
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• RESPECTED. You don’t have to like me, I’m going to treat you with respect and I expect that same respect in return.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon for certain reasons only. Having to step away from the game you love because of off the field issues is a tough pill to swallow.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, I am a big competitor and everybody loves the feeling of winning right? You sleep better at night.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has been the biggest influence on my life. Witnessing how strong she remains through it all and her effort to always make sure my family was alright, influences me and gives me a drive.