Thirty college football players have died from heat-related illnesses since 2000, per an HBO report. Recently, Congress has started to look at the problem after 19 year old football player Braeden Bradforth died last year.
12 members of the Congress jointly signed a letter to Ryan Ruda, the president of the college, demanding an independent investigation into the young Monmouth County man’s death.
Real Sports with Bryant Gumble reported on HBO that 30 players have died as a result of college football workouts. The cause is usually heat stroke, which is completely preventable if college officials pay closer attention to their players and the weather.
That is basically two players dying every year from heat related issues. The crazy thing is the NCAA has yet to mandate any safety or medical training for strength and conditioning coaches. Get this not one coach has been disciplined as a result of a player fatality during their watch. This to me is wild.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 16 mins ago
- They had Marcus Johnson in for a visit and he signed with the Colts it looks like twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/st…
about 17 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Bills are signing TE Nate Becker to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nate-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Did You See This:Bears legendary running back Gale Sayers has passed away at the age of 77 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/gale-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Bills signed RB Antonio Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Tx7WwsEcuu
about 33 mins ago