- Name: Chase Vinatieri
- Height: 6020
- Weight: 220
- Position: Placekicker
- College: South Dakota State University
- Twitter: @ChaseVinatieri
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Sioux Falls, SD. It’s a perfect city to live in because it’s not big city but it also isn’t small town. It’s right in the middle.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Strength and Conditioning, then film study. As a specialist, consistency is key which is why I think I would put practice on top but but being strong definitely helps.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Honestly, I don’t worry about much. I truly think everything happens for a reason.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed multiple times on the field with missed field goals. Being a kicker, you have to have a short memory, forget about the previous kick and focus on the next one.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would have to say my leadership. It is tough to lead as a kicker because we aren’t on the field very often but I feel like I lead through hard work and example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Carson Wentz. I didn’t really play against him personally but my team did. He is a great player.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I would like to be a Nurse Anesthetist.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk. School work gets done first and is most important. My room and car are always clean. I can’t deal with dirty/messy rooms or cars.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d have to save a family member because they do a lot for me and I’ll be forever thankful for them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I think I’d be John Wick because he’s a highly skilled, trained professional.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• As a senior in high school, I dropped a touchdown pass, on 4th down, in the end zone, which ended up costing our team the state championship. It hurt me for a while but it also made me work harder for my future of college football.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I had to run to the bathroom in the middle of conditioning during my first collegiate summer workout ever.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring the go ahead/game winning touchdown against Montana State my sophomore year on a fake field goal.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• That’s a tough questions because I love to listen to music but I’d have to say: Work Hard, Play Hard – Wiz Khalifa
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A strong mental game. It’s very important as a place kicker.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Chris Kyle (American Sniper) because I would love to talk to him about his stories first hand.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• VDC (Vinny’s dance club)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I don’t really watch many games besides when the Colts are playing but I’d have to say Dallas Goedert. He will make a big impact in the upcoming years!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected; however, Respect is earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel. He was talented and fun to watch but couldn’t stay out of trouble.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Absolutely hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father. He has taught me everything and has always been there for me through thick and thin.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- What was your best sports moment as an athlete? We want to hear it, share your story!
about 21 mins ago
- Pretty cool stat! Craig is a great guy and was a hell of a QB! twitter.com/plunews/status…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:Could the Eagles be on the verge of making a huge signing? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/eagles… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darion Dunn, CB, McNeese State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/darion…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago