- Name: Brendan Kimble
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 225
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Albany State University
- Twitter: @brendankimble1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• It’s a small town where everybody knows everybody. It is a town where few make it out and I am glad God gave me the opportunity to make it out.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Number one is conditioning and practice because, without that, it wouldn’t be possible to finish a game at your fullest. Number two is film study, the reason I say that is because without knowing your opponent’s tendencies, you’ll be lost on the field and just by knowing their tendencies it could easily put you in position to make a BIG TIME play! Finally, number 3 which is strength is important because you need to have good strength in order to physically complete a play.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I do not worry about anything honestly, I put it all in God’s hands because I know most of the things that occur on this Earth is out of my control so I stress less and live more!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed at many things but I don’t count it as failing because I always get back up and try it again no matter how hard the task may be! I will not feel accomplished until I complete whatever it is I am aiming for.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Hard hitter.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Vontae Jackson, running from West Georgia
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I want to pass my knowledge to young high school athletes, so I would like to coach high school football and teach at whichever school I am working at.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because that is where I lay my head at.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• That is a tough situation to be put in but I honestly have to say Family comes first but I would try to save all being that is how my heart is set up.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the Hulk because he resembles me the most.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I tore my ACL junior year in high school. That was the biggest thing to ever occur in my life and it took a lot for me to come back from that.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I don’t have one, I just laugh it off and keep it moving.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I crack back a guy from Tuskegee and put him on a stretcher!! Glad he was ok though
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Chasing by Peewee Longway
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Non-physical because that deals with the mental state and I find that the most important.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle Chief, he was my biggest influencer growing up. I had to push him around in his wheelchair every day, in which I only made 5 dollars a month. He would always tell me “Busy B, you’re gonna be something one day”.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• B’s Boogie Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Dee Virgin, I’ve witnessed his talent first hand so I am completely aware of the dog in him.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected! I do not care about being liked at all but one thing I will not tolerate is disrespect! Like T.I said, “ I don’t know what you’ll do for your respect but I’ll die for mines”.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• My best friend Danny Rambo. His chances would’ve been so much greater without those issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose! I am a big competitor and losing doesn’t sit with me very well.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother, I’ve watched her struggle and do it all alone my whole life. Her hustle and drive are what kept our family together.