I am sorry, I love football but this country is soft. We do not want to offend anyone, we do not want to upset others, but we can no longer tell the truth.
Baker Mayfield made a comment a few weeks ago, about his displeasure with his teammate Duke Johnson’s comments publicly about him wanting out of Cleveland.
“If somebody wants to be here, they’ll be here in that situation. You got guys within our locker room that are dying to get playing time, that are dying to be here. I get it, Duke has been here for years and I respect that but it is about what are you doing right now. The past is the past. My rookie year, I have to learn from it and move forward. It is about right now and what we are going to do.”
To me, Baker was being a leader. I do not care how long he has been on the team, I do not care if players are upset, I do not believe he needs to be quiet. I think he is absolutely right. He is a team player, and he is basically saying if you do not want to be here then leave.
On Thursday, Michael Silver of NFL Network reported members of the team “voiced their displeasure” with Mayfield, whom they viewed as meddling in Johnson’s business relationship with the Browns.
“It’s self-inflicted. It is what it is. It’s not awkward for anyone else in this building,” Mayfield told reporters of Johnson’s trade request. “He’s gotta do his job. He said he was a professional. I hope he does his job.”
Baker was not saying anything that others were not thinking. That is what bothers me. We all think it but are afraid to say it. Duke Johnson wants more money, but he may have to earn it. Has he earned it? That is up to the team, obviously, they do not believe he has. So prove you are worth it, instead of crying about it. I guess I have a different mind set.
Baker Mayfield put his team first, and people were offended. You cannot win when you have me players. Baker basically said work with us to win and you will get paid. Either you are with us in this war or you are against us. I do not believe that is the first time that has been said. But, the vets are upset, big babies!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Big Board 2.0: Top 480 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Did You See This:Oregon High School broken-hearted after star football prospect Ezekiel Crowder’s suicide… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for February 26, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Transfer Portal: Syracuse Football | Garrett Shrader Film Break Down nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/garret… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Big Board 2.0: Top 480 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago