- Name: Alexander Tyrone Johnson Jr
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 180 lbs.
- Position: DB
- College: Briar Cliff University
- Twitter: @jisland25
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Los Angeles, California a small section known as The District that borders between Crenshaw and 48th Street. What I love the most about my hometown is the inspiration I’ve gotten over the years to become the first one to make it in life chasing my profession and bring that story back to young children to inspire them.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• The biggest worry in my Life thus far has been making it to the NFL, and is the best DB it has been worry because it’s been a rough road so far but I’ve gained so much faith, and strength because of it
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I took statistics Three Times at my JuCo, each time was more frustrating then the next, believe it or not it never got easier until my last time because the last time I realized I really needed to study actually, it was an aha moment once I prepared the right I finally got my passing grade which was a C+ may not be the best grade but I was proud of myself for finally getting the class accomplished and passing.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work Ethic, Poised
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Connor Niles
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• The same thing it’s going to be once I retire from the NFL, Definitely, a Business Man, I want to own a Parking Lit near a sporting stadium, and own my own sporting goods store “Johnson Co. Sports”
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room gets cleaned first, my parents did not go for a messy living space
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family Member nothing personal, that’s just where my loyalty lies in that situation
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Thanos or Bane, Villains don’t get enough love
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest Adversity in my life was missing out on big time recruitment because of size, or receiving preferred walk-on spots from D1 FBS and FCS when you put your all into something you want to reap the benefits instantly, but that’s not how growth works, you grow when you put your all into something and you don’t fail but your circumstances suggest that, then you find a way to access your dreams that isn’t probable or isn’t the most journeyed path. You just don’t quit and you believe in yourself and the vision that God gave you. My road hasn’t been easy thus far but it has undoubtedly made me a better man, and I know I will get to where I see myself in the End.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I stumbled really bad in front four of the best looking girls at my JuCo trying to look good while walking past them
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I intercepted a 55yard pass on the 10yard line in the 4th quarter to stop a 7 play drive in which the team was going to score and I fumbled on the return and picked it up and scored still to put the game to rest
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hussle and Motivate by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mentality, being able to adapt to the speed of the game and amount of focus preparation takes because the margin for error is smaller. Being able to be a sponge, not going to know everything once I get there but be willing to learn and accept advice from coaches and veterans.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Sean Taylor, I need to talk to him and tell him face to face man to man that his highlight tape saved my life and gave me the inspiration I can’t quantify.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Catch-Tha-Beat “Dance Club”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• John Johnson III
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I will be respected and I’m going to be Respected. Not liking me is fine, but the Respect will always be there.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon-Man that dude supremely gifted led league in receiving yards before I want to see him let it go off the field and put it all together!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose. Losing at anything makes me sick I’m sorta a sore loser sad to say losing at Madden, Connect 4, Wind Sprints, just anything or I have to play until I win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Parents they’ve been a driving force behind me until I became a man they started the machine built it and got it to become self-sufficient, and got to the point to where it was solely on me they did all they could, beyond my parents Sean Taylor his Life story and highlight tape saved my life !
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Getting to Know: Jacob Roberts, LB, North Carolina A&T nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jacob-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/A4E5NR8OVE
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Post Retirement Review: Philip Rivers, Quarterback nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/philip… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6XlZ2vq8ER
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Marty Hurney expected to be the new Washington Football Team’s GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/marty-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- His entire family is awesome! Their pops was a coach. Both his brothers coached. Jay and Mike are solid guys! Ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- This would be a great draft for any team here! Great work twitter.com/nflmaliik/stat…
about 49 mins ago