- Name: Adrian Walker Jr
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 160lbs
- Position: DB
- College: Iowa Wesleyan University
- Twitter: @Ajwalker7_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown of Saint Louis, is a place of love and hate. There’s a lot of crime and envy, but also a lot of love shown. Most football players where I’m from are either doing it to make it out or they have been playing since a little kid and it’s all they know. What I love about it most is that everyone knows everyone, and it’s a family feeling wherever you go.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice, in that order because every athlete must be in shape and conditioned because that comes with the nature and art of the sport. Film study comes next because studying your opponent gives you an edge, you also see what you strengths you need for the upcoming week because every opponent is different. Film study also minimizes the amount of thought you have to put in mid play, because you already seen it and can just react. Practice is last on the last but still important. Practice is where you take everything you studied and learned and put it all together and craft.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time I failed at something was during my sophomore year of high school. I had got put into Honors Biology and received a final grade of a C- . This was a hard time for me because I was used to going through school getting A’s and B’s. After this moment in my life, I put more time into studying because it was necessary.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Most of my teammates would say my best quality is the energy I bring to the field. When I step on the field I feel like I’m the best on it , and I like to put some fire in my teammates .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best college player I played against was probably Jeremy Gomez, who was a quick and route-running guru. I came into college as a freshman corner and he was one of the starting receivers on my team. Going against him at practice everyday ultimately sharpened my game in some aspects
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Software Engineering is a career I’d go into, Ive been into computers since a little kid have been majoring in it ever since.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• 1) Room 2) Car 3) Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, just for the simple fact that I would already have a bond with that person, and a love for that person. There is no way I can see my family in harm and not help.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Trudy Proud haha, my boys in college loved to joke around and call me that because of my hair and facial features
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was when my parents separated and split up. When it first happened I was 5 and didn’t really understand, but as I grew older I started to realize that this was how it was going to be now. I still talk to both of my parents which take some of the load off and helps me to deal with it however.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would probably be getting called on by my defensive coordinator to give him the correct play we should audible to(in front of everyone), and I couldn’t give him the answer. It wasn’t because I didn’t have football IQ but because I was young and wasn’t in the playbook like I should have been.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my collegiate career was probably our game against Crown college. My DC had just told me to be watching out for movement and motions so it was in the forefront of my mind. The next play the wide receiver motioned over to my side and tried to run a screen with him. Immediately I broke on the receiver and got a big hit on him in the backfield for a loss. The crowd was unmatched.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Go Getta- Lil Wayne
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Football IQ and knowledge. A lot of players at the next level has the speed or size but lack the knowledge of the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead it would be my grandma just because she was such a backbone in my family. She was the glue that held everything together, and I will never forget her in the stands of my games.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Baller World
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Denzel Ward
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I never needed a person to like me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez because he was such a powerhouse in the league at the Wide receiver position.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence on my life would have to be my mom and dad equally, because they both push me to be great and slow me down when I’m on the wrong path. Without them I wouldn’t be where I am today .
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- North Dakota State College football player Charles Royston Jr. was shot and killed in Minnesota… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- ICYMI:Bill Belichick should have retired from the NFL when Tom Brady left nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/bill-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/TbJ9Ya9iaJ
about 1 hour ago
- Bill Belichick should have retired from the NFL when Tom Brady left nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/bill-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xBpAFyIevH
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 25, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:TE Greg Olsen announces his retirement from the NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/greg-o… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/lq0pasEWdd
about 4 hours ago