- Name: Colby Burton
- Height: 5’10.5
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Position: DB
- College: McNeese State University
- Twitter: @Burton4Heisman
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in New Orleans, LA but raised in League City, TX both are home to me. The history and culture of New Orleans would be what I love most about the city and the location would be what I love most about League City.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice (Drill), Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
•“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God” – Philippians 4: 6-7. God is in control no need for me to worry.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Failure is impossible to avoid, I overcome failure by refocusing on success.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work Ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jazz Ferguson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Collegiate Defensive Back’s Coach
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Desk, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save 3 strangers, I can change the lives of 3 other people and their families by being selfless.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• One of the Power Rangers
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Growing up in a single parent household with 5 children, it taught me to be thankful, humble and the value of things. I put the work in during class and on the field to God willing put myself and family in a better financial situation someday.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I can’t recall one honestly but most likely something as a child.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
•Central Arkansas 2018, Interception right before half time.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grinding All My Life by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My relationship with God
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother, she was such an important part of my life and I really wish she could see me grown up.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club C Burt
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chris Harris Jr. or Casey Heyward
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why
• Josh Gordon, he works extremely hard and has ridiculous amounts of ability but I feel he may be fighting an internal demon or dealing with mental health struggles that aren’t talked about.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother, she has taught me the meaning of hard work, dedication and grinding hard despite your feelings.