- Name: Savon Rollison
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: Tarleton State University
- Twitter: @_SuppaSavo
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Dallas, Texas and I love the support that comes from it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study , Strength and Conditioning, Practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my sense of urgency on the field and rather I know my plays and what I need to do.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed to reach the State Championship against Kyler Murray I did everything I could to secure the win for my team but Kyler Murray and Allen were just dominant and they won and went on to State and won their third state. I reacted okay I felt down for a few days thinking I had let everybody down but it pushed me more toward football and to be great at it and I was grateful to play against Kyler Murray and showcase my talent to the state of Texas.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Speed and Balance
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• D Landry, Texas A&M Commerce
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• High School Head Coach
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Desk, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• To be completely honest I would rather save my family member because my family is my biggest supporter they’ve pushed me to be great. They have also torn me down and made me feel worthless but going through the process it made me a better person overall.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spencer James, reason why is because Spencer James is a talented athlete and he’s very smart and compassionate about what’s his dream which is the NFL. Those are my goals but I and Spencer really relate by not having our fathers around for a lot of times growing up and it affected me heavily because I could never find a male role model till I started playing the game of football.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was leaving the University of New Mexico after high school. I had a full scholarship there and I was their attending school till I got the news that I wasn’t eligible and I reacted terribly. I made the worst decision by leaving and going to Junior College when I really didn’t need to leave. But I dealt with it and went to Tyler Junior College and I worked my butt off to get another D1 scholarship I also was awarded SWJCC First Team All American my sophomore year.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting smacked in the face by a female.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My junior year at Tarleton State University I was just coming off an injury of a fractured ankle and I broke a play for 80 yards against Western Oregon University.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Tuscan Leather – Drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Staying positive and being supportive of your teammates.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My cousin Dre simply because he never judge me off the field and he accepts me for me Savon not just football Savon Rollison.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because respect takes you so far in life and to be respected you have to be respectful towards others.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because truthful I have struggled with smoking THC and it has affected my life a lot because I’ve never had the professional help till I attended Tarleton State University. My family does it so much that it’s always around me so I had to separate myself out those situations.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Thomas Johnson has been the biggest influences on my life because of his story, upcoming star out Skyline High School and I watch him shine as bright as any football player I’ve ever seen. He was kind he was always smiling and it rubs off on me to always smile because we never knew what he was going through. As I watch him my freshman year in high school and his senior year I wanted to be just like him because his dedication to football was totally different from others. He had a different approach to the game and I wanted to feel that. I never knew he had mental illness till incident that happens after Texas A&M game when he and they beat Alabama in 2013 and me seeing that game, I knew he was destined for greatness and he had god given talent. But he live was derailed by mental illness and he’s spending life in prison for a mental illness episode and I just want to conquer me and his dream which was making it to NFL and becoming the best WR the world has ever seen. His drive toward the game motivated me to always keep my head high and stay focus no matter the stats or anything. I simply love the game of football because it peace for some of us who go through things such as mental illness football was Thomas Johnson peace and the only thing that kept his focus. Football is my peace and shelter from the world I can express myself on the field like no other and I love being around a group of guys who love the game too.