- Name: Sam Phillips
- Height: 6’5
- Weight: 240
- Position: TE/WR
- College: Louisiana College
- Twitter: @samuelrhett
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a town in East Texas named Longview. It’s about 2 hours east of Dallas and an hour west of Shreveport (LA). I love the hometown family atmosphere, I’ve grown up here so it’s always gonna feel like home to me.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. Film study is so important because that’s how we game plan from week to week and also see our mistakes and what we’ve been doing well at during practice. Just being able to see our opponents play and their tendencies can help us learn a lot about them. Then practice because that’s where all the preparation is made applicable for on Saturdays.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being able to make something of myself and failing to make my family proud.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve always been a hardheaded kid, but thankfully I’ve also never been the type of person to be defined by a mistake or a situation. Just never keep fighting.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work ethic, and loyalty to the team and brotherhood.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The whole Alcorn State defense, we played them our first game of the season and being able to compete with D1 talent was a great opportunity but also a great challenge.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Coaching or anything football related. I’m very passionate about the game and I currently am planning on going into coaching when my playing career is over with so I can give back to others all the things I’ve learned and lessons from over the years.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. It’s the first thing you wake up to in the morning and it’s gotta be clean and organized or I’ll feel like the rest of my life is going to be messy as well.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Probably Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights. Texas Forever, Six.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my father from cancer when I was younger. It’s served as a motivation to me and is “my why”, and why I keep pushing when things don’t go my way.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Honestly, my senior night in high school when I dropped a wide open pass that could have been a TD. Lol
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Has to be my first collegiate touchdown against McMurry University.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work hard, Play hard (Wiz Khalifa) my teammates know I try to be one of the hardest workers in the room, but also know that I like to cut up and have a good time with it when we are getting after it in the weight room, etc.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The ability to be consistent and constantly work hard no matter what the situation is.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Pops. To share all of this process and opportunity of me being able to play college football with.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Funk
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Derek Carr.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• To be respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Football. He was such an exciting and talented QB in college and I wish he could have straightened things out off the field and became successful in the league.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom. She’s always encouraged me to never give up when things don’t go my way and to always keep a level head in all situations.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Three men sentenced to prison for the killing of Bakersfield College football star Aaran Porter… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Splash’s Week 4 Picks ift.tt/2Gsje0h
about 13 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Thomas Hennigan, WR, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/thomas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Justus Reed, DE, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justus… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/254koQLDcS
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Brett Heggie, OL, University of Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/brett-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago