Today the Houston Texans released tight end Ryan Griffin after he was arrested in Nashville, Tennessee during the NFL draft.
Texans tight end Ryan Griffin was arrested for allegedly drunkenly punching out a window at a Tennessee hotel. The 29-year-old athlete shattered the window at the Hotel Indigo about four blocks from the state capitol building around 11:40 p.m., on the night of the Draft.
Griffin recently signed a three year extension with the team.
Griffin played 77 games for Houston after being drafted in the sixth round of the 2013 draft. He caught 136 passes for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns over that span.
I would not be shocked if multiple teams put in a waiver request for his services.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Wild twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 30 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- This is crazy because I was a huge Montreal Expos fan twitter.com/jeffpassan/sta…
about 36 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Major League Baseball Has Granted the Tampa Bay Rays Permission to Explore Being a Two-City Team bit.ly/2XXsqxy
about 51 mins ago via IFTTT
- 2020 NFL Draft: Ranking the interior offensive linemen bit.ly/2FmGoSh
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Khamren Davenport, WR, Briar Cliff University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/khamre…
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone