- Name: Rico Kennedy Jr.
- Height: 6’3
- Position: OLB
- College: Morgan State University
- Twitter: @lordknows_6
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, what’s not to love about it. I love the fact that the weather gives me the freedom to do a lot of outdoor activities
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film study, practice. I say strength and condition is most important because you have to be physically ready for the game or you won’t be available , and I believe the best ability is availability, film next because the game is 80% mental and 20% physical, if you know your opponents tendencies, plays, and obvious giveaways, you put yourself in a great position to win. Even though practice is last it’s still important, you need to be able to put everything you’ve done in the weight room and film study in play.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I honestly have no worries.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember when I first got to Morgan, all the freshmen on the first day of training camp had to bench 225 five times, I only was able to do it twice , I was really embarrassed , I never wanted to touch 225 again, after a phone call with my father , I just kept trying kept failing , and one day I ended up benching 225 ten times. That was a great day.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• You would have to ask my teammates that but I believe my best quality is to make everyone feel they are important and get maximum effort out of them.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against is Darius Leonard, he’s a beast, he made the 1st team all pro as a rookie.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Private chef , I love to cook.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first , I love clean organized places.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member first and quickly so we could save the three strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Superman because he has unlimited power and I would love to fly.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was actually when I first got to middle school, I wasn’t going down the right path, I felt like I didn’t have an identity so I followed everyone who I thought was cool, I was forced to overcome it or be disciplined by my beautiful mother.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is falling in front of my wife.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When we played Delaware State University, I caught a blocked field goal and ran it back 103 yards. Greatest play of my life.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Blood, sweat, tears – Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My ability to learn quickly and adapt.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Bernie Mac because he really had a positive impact on my life and he is my favorite comedian ever.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Rico’s BOOM BOOM ROOM lol
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Telvin Smith, people think because he’s not the ideal weight and size for a linebacker he doesn’t deserve to be in the tier 1 linebacker discussion nut he actually has some of the best numbers statistically since he been in the league
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because it means people value something I do and that’s big.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for Mike Vick because even though what he did was wrong, I feel the repercussions were too harsh.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has been the biggest influence on my life, she instilled a lot of the values I stand on today, especially introducing me to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She is the definition of strength and all of the adversity she’s overcome, she is my heart.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for June 18, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xKithWeBFz
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Meet IG Model Emelie Battah, Manu Ginobili Says Retirement is ‘Lovely’ & Kevin Durant Designed MW65 Wireless Headph… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Probably the dumbest movie I ever watched twitter.com/lamichaeljames…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone