- Name: Paul Williams
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 190
- Position: DB
- College: Bethel University (TN)
- Twitter: @PaulW_Upnext
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Sarasota, Fl. What I love the most about my city is how determined are athletes are to be great. And how adversity only makes us stronger. We have a ton of Athletes in the league which motivates us who are still at the collegiate level.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning are the most important to me because you must be physically and mentally prepared to complete a full season. Film study would be my next important because I know with proper film study the game becomes easier and also the game slows down a lot. Practice would be the next because I feel like at practice you get the repetition needed to play the game and also the preparation.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about taking care of my family. My grandmother And mother made a lot of sacrifices for me growing up. I just want to make sure they are taken care of. I also worry about my education which is very important to me only a few people in my family got the chance to Graduate college.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In high school I failed the ACT test I got a 17 overall but needed an 18. So all of the schools they were recruiting me backed off and I ended up going unsigned. I found a really good junior college. I went to Monterey peninsula college in did very well there on and off the field.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My best quality is that I’m a leader by example. Also, I have a very high work ethic and I hold my teammates accountable.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best players that I played against in college is Shawn Bane Jr.(NWMSU) and Kyrion Parker (UCM). I grew up playing against Shawn bane he has always been a very explosive and big-play guy. Kyrion Parker was a guy that had very good hands and sneaky speed.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be an athletic trainer or coach. I just love to help people and to see people improve their physical abilities. I really love the game of football I want to be around the game as long as possible.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because that’s where you spend the most time at and I feel like really defines you as a person.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• In that type of situation, I would try to help as many people as I can either it be family or strangers I just want to help as much as I can preferably.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will Smith. I would be Will because he is a very entertaining person and also very funny but also a very serious person and also a motivator.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would be after my Freshman year of college I went back home and got hurt three days before flying back out to California. I had to sit out for a year due to my training back home. It was a very tough year for me not being around the game. I overcame It by just putting my faith in God and believing that I would be in great hands.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I showed up at the airport but didn’t realize my flight was canceled because I didn’t check my email. I had to drive back to Sarasota, Fl which is 2 hours away from Orlando.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would be my sophomore year of college. I scored my first college touchdown which was a 99-yard return. What made it so special is the fact that it was my last home game at my junior college.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill- Wins and losses
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I have is that I am big on attention detail. I’m a technically sound DB.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my uncle Clyde Jones he was like a father to me. He took good care of me growing up. When he died it motivated me to go harder with life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• More life night club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would say Brian Poole he is a very dominant nickel back that has some versatility to play safety and on the perimeter. He can cover and is very good in run support.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because I feel like respect is something that is earned not given and holds way more value than someone being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say Chris Rainey he was a dog at Florida. An had a lot of potentials to be great. He was a very special player with the ball in his hands. He is killing CFL hopefully he gets another shot at the big league.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose games, I just think about all that work in the offseason and in the summer that was put in. Losing games sometimes make you feel like you were wasting your time.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The Biggest influences on my life would be my Mom first she works extremely hard, doing double shifts almost every day of the week. Then Richie James (MTSU) and Karan Higdon (UM). They helped me throughout high school and showed me the way you’re supposed to work to be great.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Colts worked out LB Austin Hall nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/FDVAemUaw5
about 3 mins ago
- Did You See This:Broncos game week 5 against New England has been changed to 4:25 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/bronco… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago
- Last Chance:Three rookies who shined in week 3 of the NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/rookie… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XlTr1i8ehG
about 8 mins ago
- Breaking: Colts worked out LB Austin Hall nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/austin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/NJZI3peALJ
about 10 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Bears are working out defensive lineman Darrius Moragne nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/darriu… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago