According to John Gambadoro of 98.7-FM, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson became upset with the Arizona Cardinals when he first learned he was facing a PED suspension, and they refused to restructure his contract to lessen the financial hit he will take.
Could this be why he posted this?
This is wild because Peterson was not asking to be traded. He knew the suspension was coming and wanted to rework his contract and avoid taking losses, Gambadoro added. He believed he could have saved $2 million or more, according to Arizona Sports.
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Peterson will lose $3,882,352 in wages.
Peterson is under contract for two more seasons. He’s making $11.25 million in cash this year and $12.6 million next. For 2019, he’s tied for the fifth-highest total cash salary among NFL cornerbacks.
Peterson recorded 54 tackles with two interceptions and five passes defended last season.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cam Newton Leaves Preseason Game Early With a Foot Injury ift.tt/2P7L59O
about 4 mins ago via IFTTT
- Josh Allen of Jags is good wow
about 5 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Packers and Raiders Preseason Game Being Played in Winnipeg Despite Field Condition Concerns ift.tt/2P8Ksgg
about 14 mins ago via IFTTT
- Jay Glazer saying that the Texans have talked to ten teams about Clowney. One mentioned the Dolphins
about 14 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ben Holmes, QB, Tarleton State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/ben-ho… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro