- Name: KERWIN MCELVANEY JR
- Height: 6020
- Weight: 190
- Position: CB
- College: Southeastern University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Louisville, Kentucky and what I most love about my hometown Louisville is that where I’m from I had to work hard for everything, no handouts given.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study first because you need to be able to know your personnel and what your up against as well as knowing who your playing against and how you need to prepare to win, then strength and conditioning is next you need to lift weights to be able to stay injury free as well as being able to be good and sound physically , and practice is last because just because you practice doesn’t mean your getting better , you have to be consistent in your practice good habits.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry most about balancing sleep and school, that is probably the toughest thing about being a college athlete as well as a starter, you have to learn how to balance that.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Something I failed at was when I was in high school and I did badly in the regional track meet, how I overcame that was I worked harder I let that failure teach how to be able to learn from failure and build off that.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my work ethic, I have a motor that is different than most. My drive and focus and work ethic makes me standout
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I ever played in college a WR from Bethel he was pretty good, they were also a good program
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would prolly be on the debate team i like to argue and prove my point a lot of times .
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my Mom because that is the person that’s closest to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Thanos, why because he is my favorite villain of all time he’s very intelligent and smart and I am intelligent and smart
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in life is last season I lost a season due to ear procedures and my ear was really sick, I stay positive and kept my team up and found other ways to be impacted to my team even though I wasn’t playing due to my injury I couldn’t control the injury but I did not let it define me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when I tried to cut my own hair and messed up my hairline, jokes were all on me in school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was my first pass break up against FAU on ESPN was the first down I ever played in college I was a redshirt freshman, I was excited !!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song that describes me best is Kevin Rudolf -I made it
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I can have is being able to work well with anyone as far as business and being able to be coached well
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead it would be Elizabeth Mcelvaney, because she was very dear to my heart
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it Aspirations Dance Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated player in NFL is Josh Norman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because when people respect you it’s real, I don’t care for likes that much people hate or like you regardless.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say Johnny Manziel, why because he was such an impact and great player but it seemed that trouble always seems to find him on top of injuries he kept having.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I HATE TO LOSE
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life is a man by the name of Chris Vaughn, he was personal trainer my entire life through my young years in middle and high school as well as my life coach and mentor like a father figure, he made such an impact on my life I could never forget him.