- Name: Justin Swims
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 205
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Tabor College (NAIA)
- Twitter: @Lordswimmy
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Flint, Michigan is one of the toughest and roughest cities in America, but that’s home. What I love about Flint is it has taught me how to survive anywhere in the United States. I don’t give up easily and I keep pushing through just like the people who still live there
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important because without this you cannot perform and the highest of levels without knowing your opponent. Strength and conditioning are the second most important because if you feel energized in the 4th quarter just like you felt in the 1st quarter, then it will be a long game for your opponent and an even better game for you.
The practice is the 3rd important but the practice is needed to work on your craft and build chemistry with the team. If you don’t practice or practice well enough then you probably won’t have a good team.
What do you worry about, and why?
• What I worry about the most is being a great father! I have a child who didn’t ask to be in this world and he’s looking up to me, so it’s very important to me that I do not fail in life and become the very best dad for him.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• The school wasn’t my favorite thing to do growing up so I missed out on a lot of opportunities after junior college. I overcame that failure by sitting out a couple of years and getting my grades right and ended up going back to school to get my degree and I also get to play football while I’m obtaining my degree.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m older so I bring a lot of wisdom and knowledge about the game to the team and especially the Wide receiver group.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jamon & Keyshawn Ward made me into a better receiver.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I worked in a body shop fixing cars for a while so if I didn’t play football then that would be my career because I love to work with my hands and learn new things every day.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room would be the first area I would clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one of my family members because family is a big deal in my life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Martin Lawrence in the movie “Bad Boy” because of all the excitement and action in the movies.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• last year Around early March 2018 I had 4 family members who died within a week and that was a very tough time in my life and the way I overcame that adversity was I just went harder in life as far as the daily tasks in my life and more. Life’s too short, so you have to live it the best way you can.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I feel off a porch when I was younger and my face was so bad I was unrecognizable for a month or so.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• when I made a big crackback block for one of my running backs in junior college and he took it for a 60-yard touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Perfect Timing- Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Non-physical trait – I know the game of football very well and with that knowledge, I believe I can excel at The receiver position at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my Grandfather back because he died too young and he could give me better knowledge about this thing we call life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Michael Thomas (Saints)
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Respect lasts a lifetime, being liked only lasts until people forget about you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Terrell Owens, because he had a lot of off the field issues but he’s still one of the best receivers to ever play the game of football. If it wasn’t for those off the field issues I think he could have been better than jerry rice.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom and aunt. If it wasn’t for my mom and aunt I wouldn’t be in the place I’m in now. They helped me start off my career so if I make it to the NFL then I owe them the world!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Seahawks offensive lineman Chad Wheeler arrested for felony domestic violence nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/chad-w… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers shoots down the rumors that he wants to leave Green Bay nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Buccaneers WR Scott Miller believes he can beat Tyreek Hill in a race nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/tyreek… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pZJ3OcPDp4
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 3-Round NFL Mock Draft presented by @DraftGuyJimmy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mock-d… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vdjZLT4vIq
about 2 hours ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jarell White, LB/S, Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jarell… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZI8ghbCeyC
about 2 hours ago