- Name: Jaylin Boyd
- Height: 6’0
- Position: CB
- College: Albany State University
- Twitter: @__Jayboyd
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is College Park, Georgia, the thing I love the most about it is everybody knows everybody, so it’s a lot of love around being back home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning so you can be physically capable to compete. Film study so you know what’s going on practice and in games than practice so you can rep it.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being successful. Not only for me but because I want to make the people around me proud. Especially my great grandmother, while she’s still here with me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I may lose a 1 on 1 rep every now and then, but my coach and I go back to look at what was done wrong, clean up my technique and make sure I don’t make the same mistake twice.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My positive energy. And that goes on outside of football as well. I always like to remind people how blessed they are to have the opportunity we have.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Devontae Jackson . The running back at West GA.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sports Broadcaster/ Personality
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Probably my family member because of the emotional connection we have with each other.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman & because he can literally do everything.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not knowing where I was going to go to college after I transferred from St. Petersburg Community College, not knowing if I was going to ever have the opportunity to play college football. I reached out to Albany State and walked on. A year later I was an all-conference player.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first college interception against Morehouse, a 60-yard pick 6.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Bentley Keys – Young Supa. The song talks about disguising your problems & overcoming.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Excellent Technique & being coachable
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My friend Rod Gates. I let him drop out of college after our second semester at Albany state. He returned home to South Atlanta & was murdered. Sometimes I just feel like it was my fault, instead of keeping him focused.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• DeAndre Hopkins. He had zero drops in a season & no one seems to mention him as being the best.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect takes you way further than being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick, because he stood for something much bigger than sports and the NFL blackballed him. There are many more players that had rape cases or domestic violence cases that got a second chance to play, but not Colin.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Shaquille Wiggins. He’s my best friend, but I’ve watched his journey from starting as a true freshman at UGA, to having injuries at Louisville, then being on the bench at Tennessee. To actually getting a rookie camp invite to the saints, to the AAF. He never lets a bad situation win, if one situation doesn’t work out, he never stops working.