- Name: James Muncy
- Height: 6”0
- Weight: 232
- Position: H-back/Fullback
- College: Notre Dame College
- Twitter: @james_muncy
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Columbus Ohio- I love the GRIT, all the athletes in the city are close and push each other to be better. Being from Columbus brings a certain mentality and work ethic out of you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, you have to be physically ready to play and conditioned in order to even get on the field. Then Practice because you have to show you can do your job and prepare for your opponent, then Film study because you have to know your opponent’s strengths and weakness in order to perform your best. This is a hard list because it could go in any order, all are very important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Trying to be the best version of myself. Knowing that my little brothers are looking up to me, I don’t want to disappoint them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Beginning of my Junior year of high school when I failed to earn the starting spot on varsity. I worked hard every day in practice to show the coaches I deserved to start and by game 3 I earned the spot. Never put your head down, just work 10x harder then you were to get what you want and deserve.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My football IQ, and knowledge of the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would have to go with my own teammate Vince Ellis, he was my roommate and we would go at it every day in practice and I feel like that made me a better player, he was an All-conference guy as well.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Personal training and coaching, I love to work with athletes and also like the weight room. Always be involved around sports
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My Room, always make my bed and it’s the first thing I see in the morning
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to go with my family member, the family is forever and I would do anything for my immediate family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Adonis Creed, in Creed 2 he overcame adversity and worked his tail off to win a fight he was not supposed to win.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my father my sophomore year of high school. I had a great support system around me which helped overcome the difficult time, at the end of the day I felt that it made me stronger and work harder.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• The first year playing little league first practice having my pads in my pants backward.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The first time my mom ever saw me play in a collegiate game vs West Virginia Wesleyan my RS freshman year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wish I had it Kevin Gates
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Non-Physical, knowledge of the game and heart, I spend hours studying film and watching football and it really helps. Physical, being strong and explosive being versatile.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Father, because I have so many unanswered questions for him and just to talk to him again would mean the world.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Turn Up, because when you come you are going to Turn Up.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Roosevelt Nix because for a fullback he is very versatile and does so much. And for defense, I would have to go with the rookie Leighton Vander Esch
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, anybody can be liked, but being respected holds more weight and power.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Maurice Clarett, his college career was great but he made bad decisions off the field which made it hard for his pro career to even get started.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I would have to say I hate to lose. I despise losing because it will stay on my mind till it’s time to play again. Winning is great!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother, because she is a single mother and seeing how hard she has worked really influences me to work hard day in and day out, she has sacrificed so much for my siblings and myself. Also, my little brothers because they make me become a better man knowing they watch my every move and look up to me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:UIW spoils McNeese State’s Return nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/mcnees… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jNUXZ2RkAt
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:UIW spoils McNeese State’s Return nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/mcnees… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xm0et9uhPh
about 5 hours ago
- UIW spoils McNeese State’s Return nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/mcnees… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/feHgw9kHGk
about 8 hours ago
- By looking at this picture Bills are in the lead, Steelers are second and Packers are third. Just saying. Look at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 hours ago