- Name: James Cox
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Langston
- Twitter: @_JEC25
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a town in Louisiana named Hammond which is in between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I love everything about my hometown but what I love the most is the family atmosphere. The support the community gives you is amazing. I feel like I carry the Hammond name on my back.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1.)Film study- This is the most important because film is key! This is where you learn what you need to work on and what you can strengthen. Also, you learn everything about your opponent and you can study this all the way up until game time.
2.) Strength and condition – Conditioning is the most important thing. I believe you have to be in shape all the time as an athlete. When you’re in shape you can get more out of your workouts. Getting stronger in the weight room and mobility work is important because it helps you stay healthy and gives you the edge when competing on the field.
3.) Practice- This is where you get better and work on your craft. Everything you learned from film you apply it to the practice field and you’re able to get better because you’re less likely to take lackadaisical reps because you’re in such good of shape.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about nothing, God has total control over my life. Philippians 4:6 says don’t worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need! This is what I live by.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
I failed 3/5 classes in my second semester in college. I was down on myself at first but I realize that I didn’t fail because of my intelligence but I failed due to work ethic so since that day I got my priorities together and worked hard to be the best student-athlete I could be.
• What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I actually asked my teammates and they all agreed on leadership and work ethic. I lead with my play on the field and also vocally. I love to help my teammates and show them the right things to do. I love to be the guy that they can look up to but also come to if they need help with anything, not just football. It could be life, school, etc I just love to help.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Trey Smith Southern University
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A high school basketball coach.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save three strangers because to me the more people I can save the better.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I will be Luke Cage. He was so strong and nothing could harm him. It would be awesome to walk around knowing you can’t be harmed.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Leaving the football program at my first college Southeastern Louisiana University. It was tough but God had better plans for me. I kept the faith and kept working hard and God bless me with an opportunity to play at Langston University and I took full advantage of it and here we are today.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I would have to say when I scored on the wrong basketball freshman year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• A most memorable play was against Bacone College and I scooped a fumble up, reversed field, broke a couple of tackles, got some great crackback blocks from my teammates and ran 68 yards for a touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Wayne- Go Getta
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Consistency! The next level is all about “what can you do for me now” and consistently making plays in practice and in the games is crucial for your success in the NFL.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma Clara McCraney. She died before I was born and from all the stories I have heard about her I would love to get a chance to meet her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jiggalators.. My Louisiana people would understand.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Robert Alford
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect goes a long way. Not everyone has to like you but if they respect you they will listen to you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Jeryl Brazil. He was a 4-star recruit that went to LSU but couldn’t stay out of trouble. He was the true definition of high school superstar in my hometown, a guy that I looked up to a lot. I wish he could have stayed the course and made it to the NFL. He was a great person just made some bad choices.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose!! I hate the feeling of a loss, it burns me up inside.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• God! When I made him the number one priority in my life, my life begins to change for the better. God will really give you the desires of your heart, you just have to trust in him and have faith!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- ICYMI:Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1E2XwOjvFZ
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago