According to several reports, Chris Steele a 5-star recruit made the decision to put his name in the transfer portal because of how the University of Florida handled his situation concerning his roommate quarterback Jalon Jones.
Steele was reportedly “uncomfortable” sharing a room with Jones and requested to be moved to another dorm. However, the UF football staff did not plan to move Steele until the summer, according to the Gainesville Sun.
From the Sun:
The staff did not plan to move Steele until the summer, which upset Steele and his parents, according to the source. Then two female students accused Jones of sexual assault in the players’ dorm rooms on April 6. That prompted Steele to seek a transfer.
According to Yahoo Sports, Steele’s request was made before Jones was accused of sexual battery by two female UF students on April 6.
Jones was not charged with a crime but has requested a transfer and left Gainesville, according to multiple reports. The sad thing is Steele, the player who wanted to get out of the room and away from the problem was named in the police report as a witness but not accused of any wrongdoing.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Did You See This:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tevin Singleton, CB, Bowie State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/tevin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- ICYMI:Colin Kaepernick calls Law Enforcement “White Supremacist Institution” and wants to abolish Police… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago